My Bf Bought Me A Titanium(thai Silk) Fh For Christmas :x

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

peachlids

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
62137_10200204654144398_1225253674_n.jpg

don't have many pics of him yet, i JUST got him Thursday, picked up some frozen blood worms yesterday and have a baby oscar i picked up as well to grow until hes bigger, then ill move him.

hes pretty vicious even this small but im already in love, working on getting a 125g for him pretty soon :]

he's a flowerhorn... so i honestly don't know. they haven't really tracked down the true origins they came from.. competely man made fish :]

Good luck with him :) I had mine at just over an inch in length at the end of july... this year. He is now a chunky 6 inches (well just over). He eats like a pig... gets fed 3 times a day 6 days a week on prawns, frozen fish, bloodworm, shrimp and worms. His main diet is hikari gold cichlid pellets and new life spectrum cichlid pellets. I do 40-50% weekly water changes and gravel vac on his tank, which is 120 gallons.

I do have good filtration. 2 external tetra ex1200's and an internal fluval 4 plus giving me 3400lph turnover which drops to around 2700lph with filter media.

As i mentioned in previous posts, iv tried adding other fish with him when he was smaller at around 4-5 inches, like a 6 inch jack dempsey, a 7 inch buttikoferi and even a 10 inch plec but all failed. He killed the jd and butti within 24 hours of them being in the tank and he stressed the hell out of the plec so i had to rehome it. I tried taking the fh out and rescaping the tank to calm the aggression but nothing worked. He is going to have to stay in the tank alone. Which is ok with me as it means no other fish can be harmed.

If you can get that 125 gal for him that will be ideal for life. Its kind of a shame that they cant be housed with other fish even in 100 gal+ but at the same time its awesome to see how they behave in the right environment :)

Good luck and keep us posted with updates. You will soon see a dramatic difference in size. Just be sure to feed 2-3 times a day on a high protien diet as flowerhorns have a very fast metabolism. They can and will eat more than oscars and grow quicker

This is mine around 3-4 weeks after i got him...

f5e275bf.jpg

7d4d8fd3.jpg

Il get a pic tomorrow of him now so you can see the difference in the 5 months iv had him...

love it!!!! hes already starting to get bigger/prettier, i have him in a 30gallon thats just got a couple cory cats, 120gph of internal and HOB filtration and he is getting dried high protein snacks and hikari cichlid pellets.

737171_10200255208848234_1897649391_o.jpg

here is an updated picture and its only been 2 weeks!!

He should grow at just over an inch per month. Once he gets to around 4-5 inches in length you should notice the grown slow down (length wise) and he will start getting chunky :)

i HONESTLY would love to sell all of my tank(7) which i JUST re did my 35 hex and my 75g long and moved my c/a cichlids to the 75 and my africans(mostly small ones) into the hex. such a great idea, now i feel like everyone is with who they are suppse to be with(relatively) atleast they are from the same continents now in respective tanks.

68669_10200261801133037_1788468122_n.jpg

stirred up some sand but this is the hex with my small africans in it now! they seems so much happier, the largest i have in it is a 2.5" yellow lab, and there seems to be no agression so far, but i thin kthat has to do partly with adding everyone at the same time. (i hope this stocking is better than what it was, atleast for my other cichlids it should help things.. i think i just had it backwards tbh, when i wrote down a list i only had maybe 1 CA mixed in with my africans and one african mixed in with my CA and my CAs in a 35 and my africans in a 75 lololol

and yes thats a lyretail molly i didnt know what else to do with the little guy i didnt want to feed him to the arowana which is what my bf wants to do with anything i buy thats less than 5$

Yeah its always better to add the fish in the tank at the same time as its 1 of the best ways to avoid any problems with aggression. Thats not saying you definitely wont have any problems later on but its not as likely.

Haha does he not know its bad to give your fish live fish to eat. Not only because it the "feeder" fish could be carrying a disease that can be passed to the fish thats eating it but also because feeder fish carry no real nutritional value and ultimately do more harm than good. Not to mention its just harsh lol

My flowerhorn ate 8 beunos aires tetras within an hour or so. At the time the flowerhorn wasnt much bigger than the tetras so not sure how he managed it lol I had to rush out that day so my plan was to do what i had to do and then seperate the fh and tetras when i got back... I learnt the hard way as by that time it was too late.

lol i try to tell him that, but hey what can you do......... i now have just a couple bronze corydoras and the channel cat in with the FH and he doesnt bother them, yet i can't even put snails in the tank with him LOL.....

but we discovered last night we have THREEE pods of mystery snail eggs on our arowana tank *.* squueeeeeeee how exciting, we already have friends that will take them off our hands, if they hatch...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back