My bettas have fin rot

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

deniselovestochat

Reaction score
I have been treating them with Melafix stress coat aquarium salt and indian almond leafs. I admit it's my fault I was not cleaning their tanks as much as I should. I put a reminder on my phone for every Wednesday. Any advice would be great Thanks

The first thing is to stop using Melafix. All the -fix products contain aromatic oils which can affect the labyrinth organ of labyrinth fish.
Next do a daily water change of at least 50% and see if the fin rot improves. You could try adding aquarium salt - 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons, completely dissolved in water before adding it to the tank. After a water change, add the amount of salt needed to treat the volume of new water. If this cures the fin rot, water changes without salt will remove the salt gradually.

And then yes, put a reminder on your phone and do a 50% water change every week :)

The first thing is to stop using Melafix. All the -fix products contain aromatic oils which can affect the labyrinth organ of labyrinth fish.
Next do a daily water change of at least 50% and see if the fin rot improves. You could try adding aquarium salt - 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons, completely dissolved in water before adding it to the tank. After a water change, add the amount of salt needed to treat the volume of new water. If this cures the fin rot, water changes without salt will remove the salt gradually.

And then yes, put a reminder on your phone and do a 50% water change every week :)
Thanks I will do that

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back