My Betta is missing pectoral fin

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mcostas

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I may have posted this elsewhere but here's where we are now.

I moved Casper to the smaller 2.5 hospital tank and did salt/Betta fix treatment. His demeanor has changed back to normal, he's making a bubble nest, swimming around as best he can, eating (he never stopped eating)

But his left fin still looks like it's completely missing, it's just a little nub :(

He's a cellophane crowntail, it's really hard to tell if other fins are affected, they don't really appear to be. The fins other than the pecs have grown quite a bit since I've gotten him and he's getting dark streaks that are starting to reach the body as well.

I don't know what happened to begin with, I noticed he was swimming funny and thought it was because his fins were bigger but a closer look revealed damaged fins, they did not look diseased. He had some neons in that tank but they never seemed to acknowledge each other. The filter was turned down and I've seen him swim right by it with no affect.

He did have a penchant for swimming in the plants and tiny spaces, maybe he got injured?

So now he's the only one in the small tank, he has a heater and lots of stem plants and leaf hammocks that he now uses. I would post a pic of his nub but he rarely gets in position for me to see it much less take a pic, his coloring doesn't help.

I don't think his fin is growing back. He seems happy in the small tank and I do water changes every 2 days or so.

Here is a pic I just tried to take, the remaining pec fin doesn't look that great. He flares but it's at the back where I can't get a pic. His fins are never clamped.
IMG_20211126_122555608_HDR~2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211126_122700779.jpg
    IMG_20211126_122700779.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20211119_112511289_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211119_112511289_HDR.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 71
Is he swimming as well as usual? Also, what was it that was wrong with him? Not sure I can be of much use, I don't have lots of experience in this area. He truly is a beautiful fish, I hope he improves :)

He can't swim as well, I put him in his smaller first temp tank and he actually swims more, he's back to making a bubble nest, flaring, and posing.

But he can't swim well. He makes use of his leaf hammock now.

He never acted sick, just started swimming funny, I didn't know why at first, he has hard to see fins.

I'm at a loss of what happened but I don't think the one pectoral fin is coming back. I'm just trying to keep him comfortable.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back