My beautiful aquarium management

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

same2cool

Reaction score
last week i added more two white sharks, they got afraid 1st day but with passage of time they got familiar with others. it is about 3.5'/2.5'/1.5' takes about 45 gallons or 175 litter water.
4411c66e-5630-4de2-a591-fbdf0d46ca0e.jpg

last week i added more two white sharks, they got afraid 1st day but with passage of time they got familiar with others. it is about 3.5'/2.5'/1.5' takes about 45 gallons or 175 litter water. View attachment 97954
There are several issues with this tank. The Iridescent sharks can and will grow up to 4 feet if kept in the correct environment. They need a huge tank and I would strongly advise you return them as keeping them in a tank this small will stunt their growth, and they will show aggression towards slow moving fish like goldfish.

They are also not compatible with goldfish what so ever. The sharks should only be kept with large, semi-aggressive cichlids and some large catfish, and goldfish are far too small as these fish grow enormous. Return the Iridescent sharks and just have the goldfish.

I concur so much with what was above. ^

The sharks and the goldies aren’t compatible, even if it may seem that way. Consult @Deanasue on how many gold fish you can keep in that tank.

Those fish aren’t compatible. PLEASE get the goldies out before the sharks kill them. They also can’t compete for food with the sharks. One fancy goldfish needs 20 gallons of water with 10 more gallons for each additional one. So 4 goldies need 50 gallons alone with no other fish. Sharks are tropical and goldies are cold water fish. It just won’t work for long. My heart breaks for those sweet goldfish. Please get them out. :)

Last edited:
Nice looking tank.
But unfortunately, I'll have to agree with all previous comments.
Iridescent sharks should not be sold at pet stores.

Very nice tank but I do have to agree. You need to get rid of the shark and please please please get a larger tank. Perhaps you might try a new species of fish, one that wouldn't have the complications connected with keeping goldfish and sharks

@same2cool

Im sorry but the first thing I thought was Oh No! I'm new to the Hobby I don't know much about the temperament, size requirements, growth and compatibility of the fish but I immediately thought that the tank was too small.
I can imagine you're feeling a little overwhelmed with all of this feedback but I think you should take it very seriously.
Along with the well-being of your fish I think it's also for your own well-being that you don't have to deal with the consequences the others are talking about.
I really hope you take the advice of the collective.

Don't think we are being harsh, but as you seem new to the hobby take our advice. Make the changes, you are responsible for these little guys wellbeing. Consider that, and then see what needs to be done

I don’t think we’re being to harsh either. We are trying to provide a good life for your fish. :)

but i can not keep them separated , they are very healthy and play with each other.
It may seem this way for now, but they could suddenly turn on the goldies. This tank is far too small for the sharks and you need to get them back to the place you bought them from, or to someone with a tank of 1000 gallons at least.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back