FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mayu

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
DSC04550.jpg

DSC04538.jpg

DSC04537.jpg

these are a few of my new guys. I couldn't get a good photo of all my beauties, because they were swimming around too much and the pictures came out blurry. Ever since bringing these dwarf chichlids into my tank, my blue ram (not pictured. He was one of those that wouldn't sit still long enough to get a good pic) has been coming out of his shell and getting back to being the active fish he use to be. (his tank mate died and ever since he'd only come out of his cichlid cave to eat, and only if I turned the light off. Now he swims around all day with these guys.

Lovely fish! Mayu, how are you planning to deal with the aggression of so many gourami species in one (bare?) aquarium? Or is it a large set-up?

those blue and red stripey dwarfs are gawjus, but yeh not Cichlids...even tho Gouramis are very similar in behavior.

well I was trying to post some pictures of my blue ram which is a new world cichlid, but I had to edit the post to remove those pics cause they came out really bad and this is what I was left with. (I originally meant this to be more about my blue ram and how well he's been doing lately). I have a really crappy photography skills. Either that or a crappy camera. lol. So this post started out in the right place, but after the edit isn't.

So if a mod wants to move, it feel free... I don't know how to delete the topic myself...

also, the set up is larger than it looks in those pics... The photos are obviously cropped. There is more than enough room and hiding places for them to avoid each other... but they all seem to do very well together.

blueramcich.jpg

cichblue.jpg

hachikoharuko.jpg

these are really old pics (over a year) of my blue ram to make the topic more relevant again. he basically looks the same.

also, the set up is larger than it looks in those pics... The photos are obviously cropped. There is more than enough room and hiding places for them to avoid each other... but they all seem to do very well together.
Any chance of a photo of the whole set-up?

Any chance of a photo of the whole set-up?

As soon as I get it re-set up definitely. This afternoon I had to separate them into two separate 30 gallon sick tanks because I noticed my tank water level seemed to be lower than it should be since I had just cleaned the tank and re-filled it. then I noticed the floor behind it is wet. so there's a leak somewhere in my 75g. Which sucks cause I don't know how to repair leaks, the only one I've ever had was in my 10 gallon snail tank, and all I did was throw my snails into the 75 and tossed the 10 gallon out.

I haven't found the source of the leak yet, I'm assuming it's small and not leaking fast, cause it's not like a flood on the floor, and the water wasn't like, full one day and half empty the next... but when I do, any suggestions on how to fix a leak without it looking bad? this was an expensive tank and I don't want to have to get rid of it this soon. Its not even that old.

I haven't found the source of the leak yet, I'm assuming it's small and not leaking fast, cause it's not like a flood on the floor, and the water wasn't like, full one day and half empty the next... but when I do, any suggestions on how to fix a leak without it looking bad? this was an expensive tank and I don't want to have to get rid of it this soon. Its not even that old.
You will need to find the leak, drain and dry the tank (at least in the area of the leak) and use aquarium silicone to replace the old silicone.

Do check that it didn't drain via a cable or an airline first!

Nice fish! How do your gourami's get on together? I have a pair of dwarf blue's and i inherited a pearl/lace gourami from the sister in law and they don't like each other one bit! The tank is big enough and has enough hidey holes for them not to bother each other too much though.

Your rams are nice too!

Nice fish! How do your gourami's get on together? I have a pair of dwarf blue's and i inherited a pearl/lace gourami from the sister in law and they don't like each other one bit! The tank is big enough and has enough hidey holes for them not to bother each other too much though.

Your rams are nice too!

the gourami's get along fine. I haven't had one issue. Granted I have a total of 8 fish in a 75 gallon (or did, now I have 4 in 2 30gallons until I can fix my big tank once I find the leak which I still can't seem to find) so there is more than enough room for them to get away from each other...

but I've never had issues of aggression between any of them. For the most part my Blue Ram Cichlid attached himself to two of the gouramis and they chum around... the rest seem to just swim around not necessarily buddying off. I just lucked out that I got really peaceful fish all the way around. Even in the smaller tanks they seem to get along well.

You will need to find the leak, drain and dry the tank (at least in the area of the leak) and use aquarium silicone to replace the old silicone.

Do check that it didn't drain via a cable or an airline first!

Everything seems to be in working order, the filtration/airline and such. It doesn't seem to be escaping that way. But I don't see any specific leaks, I've emptied it a bit more than half way, and there is still water leaking out, so I think it's near the bottom. I'll have to find some aquarium silicone. I've never used it before, will that leave any unsightly blobs that will make the tank look bad? my fear is the leak is somewhere that if repaired, will be noticeable, and will be distracting when you're trying to enjoy looking at the fish.

The glass is originally sealed with silicone, it shouldn't look any different if you are careful. Worst case is that the base cracked and you have to seal it with a plate of glass..

If the tank is new, check if it's still under warranty: most goods sold in EU come with at least a one year warranty.

The glass is originally sealed with silicone, it shouldn't look any different if you are careful. Worst case is that the base cracked and you have to seal it with a plate of glass..

If the tank is new, check if it's still under warranty: most goods sold in EU come with at least a one year warranty.

cool. My brother found the cause of the leak(s). He found 3. Our petstore didn't have anything to repair it, so they have it on order. Should be in by Wednesday (monday at the latest) My brother thinks he can repair it when it comes in. Thank goodness.

Unfortunately the tank isn't new. Bought it at a rummage sale... I don't know if I could afford a 75 gallon brand new... at least not right now. So if I can fix it without it looking bad or looking like it's been fixed, I'll be happy.

So far the fish seem to be doing good in their respective sick tanks. (none of them are sick... but That was the only place I could put them. My other 50 gallon has mostly tetras and mollies.)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back