My Baby Double Tail

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GuppyGirl20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Yesterday I got me a baby betta. It's so small that I can't tell it's gender. I've asked around and I've been met with a definite female and "it's still to young to tell" so it a mystery! Lol. For now I'll stick with female because currently the fins suggest that (ish). I've named "her" Garveia (pronounced Gar vey a) but if it turns out to be a boy then it will be Gara (Like from Naruto) but for now Garveia it is! Estimated age is 3 months (I think).

Floating her little cup in a five gallon tank (4/16/14)
20140416_192610.jpg

Freedom! Poor baby has stress lines :( 
20140416_210320.jpg

Today she looks like a completely different betta! Look at how red her fins are! So pretty!!! (4/17/14)
20140417_081509.jpg

Pretty :)
Her colors have really picked up. She must like it with you

Very cute! Gaara is my favorite character :wub: But Garveia is a pretty name.

TallTree01: Thanks. I really hope she does :) I picked her because out of all the baby bettas in the store she was the most responsive to me. 

Ninjouzata: Gara is one of my favorite characters too! When I first got her her colors reminded me of a gar so I wanted that in the name somehow but with these red fins if it does turn out to be a boy then Gara would be a perfect fit :)  

Sorry for the bad quality (my camera focused on the wrong thing and Garveia moved before I could snap another picture) but snail for scale
10262189_10203068359006315_7892672147334621232_n.jpg

Now that it's coloured up nicely pretty sure you have got yourself a young boy there just going by the anal and dorsal fins looking rather flamboyant and the fact that he has coloured up so readily for you, nice find 
good.gif

Ugh so many opinions on the gender Lol now I have one of each response (female, can't tell, and male) if someone else can put their expert two cents and get more votes on one response that would be so lovely. But thank you! It's an energetic little thing two so it's super entertaining to see it swimming around the tank. It's gotten braver and is come towards the front of the tank to investigate the space and me more. 

I go home for the weekend and come back seeing more colors than when I left! (took me FOREVER to get this shot but worth it!)
securedownload.jpeg

Tried to get a better pick of the eyes but idk if this is really better. The bottom half of the eye on both eyes are blue!
securedownload1-1.jpeg

The colors are wonderful.  It will be interesting to see how he/she grows up.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see how he/she turns out either ^-^

I made a fish cave because I noticed my betta could fit under a decoration where the gravel had moved and I know that place won't cut it for long. (Sorry I don't know how to attach thumbnails so big pictures it is)
securedownload.jpeg

securedownload1.jpeg

securedownload2.jpeg

securedownload3.jpeg

securedownload5.jpeg

securedownload7.jpeg

securedownload4.jpeg

securedownload9.jpeg

securedownload6.jpeg

securedownload8.jpeg

Ooo hope he/she enjoys their new cave! :D

Very nice. I'm sure your little one will be very happy for a new place to explore.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back