My axolotl, Kirby!

what are u talking about, there so cute. Ill tell u whats ugly, a brislenose pleco. Axolots are adorable. There little mouth is cute, there big dazzling eyes. There cute chubby face. There the opposet of ugly
Axies win the all time cuteness prize! I was seriously tempted to buy another pair, Golden with pink gills, but have decided to stick with the two I have. Those Goldens were adorable.

We can’t all custom build our tanks. I’m not seeing anything better than a long 40 G breeding tank for my axie pair. I plan to fill it half up, which is 7-8 inches. This was inspired by something you said. 👍
That is great. Think about what you can do above the water line. Air plants, carnivorous plants, ferns, etc. Make it interesting.

I have an axolotl related question. @itiwhetu how many axolotls do you think I could comfortably have in a 48x12 tank? What about a 36x18? What size do you recommend keeping them together? What do you do if you have two and find out one is male and one is female? Can they continue to live together or do you have to worry about overbreeding and such?

I am hoping to get a 4 inch golden albino from someone on the axolotl forum I’m on, but am not sure if it’s a good move or not. It’s $50 plus $25 shipping. They said they guarantee live arrival. This is only $10 cheaper than buying from GillyWater Aquatics, which is where I purchased Kirby. What are your thoughts? I think that the fact that I’m hesitant probably means I shouldn’t?

Just thought I’d update. Kirby is showing off tonight! He’s grown so much, started eating whole super red earthworms this week:-(😭
A00DF51F-A9ED-4731-B3B1-7388E1A19CBC.jpeg

The reflection is really bad, but his gills are absolute insanity. Here’s a less recent pic where his gills were slightly smalller
7DE4EA40-05D7-4385-A59C-3FEEF41F5AC6.png

My Axy had huge feather duster gills...it is a sign of good health...the more feathering, the healthier they are. No feathering and its a sign of illness or bad water chemistry

My Axy had huge feather duster gills...it is a sign of good health...the more feathering, the healthier they are. No feathering and its a sign of illness or bad water chemistry
I definitely do my best! I recently rescued an axolotl who had no gill feathering whatsoever. Consistent water parameters and adequate temps, and they’re coming in nice and evenly.

Just thought I’d update. Kirby is showing off tonight! He’s grown so much, started eating whole super red earthworms this week:-(😭View attachment 158777

The reflection is really bad, but his gills are absolute insanity. Here’s a less recent pic where his gills were slightly smalllerView attachment 158778
WOW! He’s massive now i still remember tiny little kirby

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back