My Axolotl 20Gal Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Update:

sadly today I said good bye to one of the young axolotl, as he/she passed away due to a fungus that growing. after losing him/her I emptied the tank and cleaned it out using a vinegar and water mixture ( about 65/35 ) then rinsed it really well. I also cleaned my heater, air stones, and temp gauge as they were the only things making contact with the water. afterwards I refilled the tank with treated water and let them roam the tank once more. They seem much happier now and are exploring more as well. I currently have some brine shrimp hatching and will feed them tomorrow. ( went to feed them today but all the shrimp were dead...oops ) 

Also I had thought there was 15 but I was wrong. after counting today I currently have 12 survivors.

Oh no! Sorry about your loss! Hopefully now after the water change none of the other axolotls will get it!

Updates! Pictures! Neeeed c:

sorry ninj.

as for an update Today I lost 2 more axies to an unknown cause. they were all eating, I have been keeping up with water changes, and tank is clean of any debris... so I am at a loss... pics are hard right now with nothing to upload them.

they havent changed much just got a little bigger and 2/3 that had any actual color passed away.

I'm so sorry for your losses! 
rip.gif

This is your first time raising them so please don't beat yourself up.

Man.... I'm sorry to hear that Supra. Best of luck with the guys you have!

Hi, I have raised these before started off with 30 eggs and only ended up with 7 survivors that grew to adulthood, they are very prone to fungus in the early stages 2 lived in my outdoor pond over winter in the uk and grew to monsters! usually when they stop eating it's game over :( I kept mine in a 10 gallon to begin with a small sponge filter and plenty of plants so I din't clean them out that often as they get stressed easily by changes in water conditions, did add some anti fungal drops to the water when they were little, they adore earthworms when they get bigger!  

Oh no! I'm sorry supra. :(
I'm really not sure about what else you could do tbh. Just keep trying. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back