My Aquascapes and plants

Anyway, how are you and other members doing while I was gone? Is PK still here?
Yeah @PheonixKingZ is still around sometimes but he spends a bit of time working and playing with his shoe collection. He's come a long way with his marine tank too and is a bit of a reefer now. Reefer in coral terms, not a reefer head whacky tobaccy smoker.

@JuiceBox52 is on a camp looking after the kids there.

Some of the other weirdoes are still here so I will let them respond for themselves.

I'm going insane living in a 1 bedroom unit full of bugs and rats and, there's more life forms in this unit than there should be.

------------------
Have your parents still got the furniture shop?

What's happening with covid over there, do you still have to wear masks inside your own house?

This is part of my Marble Queen, also todays Ozelot red photo.
Use LOTS of iron!

Attachments

• IMG_4703.jpg
    IMG_4703.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4722(1).jpg
    IMG_4722(1).jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 60
About medium, I sprayed the plants with tank water about twice a week.

Anyway, how are you and other members doing while I was gone? Is PK still here?
Yessir, still here! Haven’t been that active recently because I’ve been at so many summer camps, it’s been crazy around here.

Have your parents still got the furniture shop?

What's happening with covid over there, do you still have to wear masks inside your own house?
Yeah, I still wear mask inside the shop mainly because I’m super paranoid.
he spends a bit of time working and playing with his shoe collection.
Meanwhile, I’m still owning my good old crocs flip flop and
fake off brand converse…
Hi, Barry!
Hey there, hello :lol:

Hi again,

A little update and some questions.

Last week, I turned Bacopa caroliniana, Echinodorus latifolius and Ceratopteris into emersed form. I plan to sell only emersed form because it is easier to take care of and able to survive the whole week during shipping.
D1F8A283-4297-4550-B035-9BA1C28ED2DC.jpeg

2. Low-tech sagittaria testing tank - Used it for testing out and storing new plants I bought.

D8D62B12-83D5-4B70-AA59-53DA771FC0C6.jpeg

Moving on to the carpet tank, I replaced the sword in the middle with Sagittaria sagittifolia ‘Flore Pleno’ because according to the Wiki, its submersed form has a leaf shape similar to those of dwalf sag. We will see in the future if it’s true or not as mine is still in the emersed form. I also add CO2 into this tank by using left over Yeast from the kitchen.
52578128-078F-4739-B59E-3A01CF788A5E.jpeg

For the question, I think I want to keep fish again. Is there any fishes that is suitable for the condition of sagittaria tank?
The tank have has very high flow from the filter, Nitrate over 50 and the ferts regime.

Before I completely burned out with fishkeeping, I actually tried to keep danios in there (as you might have seen in the pic) but none of it survived…not from nitrate but from Camallanus.

For the question, I think I want to keep fish again. Is there any fishes that is suitable for the condition of sagittaria tank?
The tank have has very high flow from the filter, Nitrate over 50 and the ferts regime.
There are no fish that would thrive in water with a high nitrate. :(

Have you still got discus?
I ask because we made a huge discovery about them a few weeks ago. They are vegetarian :)
The following link has info about the diet of wild discus in the Amazon.

There are no fish that would thrive in water with a high nitrate. :(
Well water have high nitrate this year, sometimes over 85ppm.
For some reason though, (yes, my discus tank is still here)
this year, discus seems to grow faster, tetras became more active and I haven’t had any fish affected and death by diseases other than some newly purchased zebra danios from the store, and me accidentally decapitated a betta during water changes.

Do you think there are any factors behind it or was it just some strange luck going on?
I ask because we made a huge discovery about them a few weeks ago. They are vegetarian :)
The following link has info about the diet of wild discus in the Amazon.
How did you discovered that? Can you send a link to that forum post if possible?

Last edited:
Well water have high nitrate this year, sometimes over 85ppm.
For some reason though, (yes, my discus tank is still here)
this year, discus seems to grow faster, tetras became more active and I haven’t had any fish affected and death by diseases other than some newly purchased zebra danios from the store, and accidentally decapitated a betta during water changes.

Do you think there are any factors behind it or was it just some strange luck going on?

How did you discovered that? Can you send a link to that forum post if possible?
Heres the link to the part of the thread that talks about it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back