My Aquascapes and plants

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hello there,

Haven’t been here for a while since I was interested in aquatic plants so much I forgot about the almost forgot about the fish…

So today I want to show some of my aquascape and plants I’ve been keeping during the time, let’s begin.

1. Dutch-inspired scape
7CEA9E66-663D-42E8-B5AC-1DC8571D0A8A.jpeg

3DF1CFE4-9834-4C25-9850-F147501939D1.jpeg
F33103D2-810B-4DF4-A2A1-9E8293E0B5D7.jpeg

The tank stats are as follows:
Tank: 70l - 60x30x38cm
Filter: HW603B
CO2: Citric Acid CO2, 1 bubble/sec
Substrate: Black gravel
Plants: Bacopa caroliniana, Rotala rotundifolia, Rotala rotundifolia ‘Green’, Limnophila aromatica ‘Wavy’, Helanthium tenellum ‘Red’, Ludwigia palustris ‘Super Red’, Ludwigia repens, Utricularia graminifolia
Fertilizer: Azoo Plant Premium, Micro Nutrient
Light: Chihiros A-series A501
Temperature: 26C using fan, 30-32C when not

2. Low-tech sagittaria testing tank - Used it for testing out and storing new plants I bought.

D8D62B12-83D5-4B70-AA59-53DA771FC0C6.jpeg

Tank: 70l - 60x30x38cm
Filter: Eheim Classic 250 (2213)
Substrate: Black gravel, Scoria,
Plants: Sagittaria subulata, Echinodorus palifolius
Fertilizer: Azoo Plant Premium weekly, Micro Nutrient, Iron, daily
Light: Chihiros A-series A501

I hope you enjoy the pictures guys and let me know what you guys think of the tank.
Also, there will be more emersed plants picture to come.

Cheers

Attachments

• 5C4A4B81-0FA7-43AB-83D7-E09C6F768785.jpeg
    5C4A4B81-0FA7-43AB-83D7-E09C6F768785.jpeg
    464.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
We thought you had been taken for armed forces training.
What's been happening?
I’m on a gap year and no training is not going to happen. My grandpa have a couple friends who are soldier general so uh...you know ;)

I also have a couple of stressful situation choosing my subject at the university. At the beginning of the year I lost an interest in fishkeeping and turn into an plantkeeper instead. At first I was about to study and E-sport and online game subject (since I have a 5 years experience with one of famous Moba/MMOs game) However, I ended up discovered the most horrible and illegal things inside the community and that game company seems to support it. And I seems to get lost again.

What about studying plant science or something along those lines?
Breed better plants to produce more food and survive drier conditions.

Hi Barry! Really happy to see you :)

Tanks are looking amazing! I remember how hard you were trying to grow that carpet in and look at it now, wow!

Wills

What about studying plant science or something along those lines?
I’m not good at science, and it is hard to find this kind of job in my country.
I remember how hard you were trying to grow that carpet in and look at it now, wow!
Right?! If I could travel back in time I would tell my past self to be more patience and to not scared of algae menace.

What are you going to study then?

What about aquaculture or a fish vet or normal vet?
You already know a lot about birds from keeping them and your taxidermy. That would put you in front of bird anatomy compared to the rest of the class.

Right?! If I could travel back in time I would tell my past self to be more patience and to not scared of algae menace.
Patience is the biggest skill in this hobby, with fish or plants.

If you are not fully feeling the fish side at the moment (which I totally understand BTW - I'm there sometimes too) have a look at getting fish that would compliment the scapes you have. Always prioritise the welfare of the fish but you will still find options within that that will thrive in either tank. Your dutch tank would be amazing for a micro rasbora school, does not have to be massive but a bit of movement will look great. In the dwarf sag tank a little trio of a Badis species would look incredible among the blades of grass. Black Tiger Badis would be top of the list for me in that one.

Wills

have a look at getting fish that would compliment the scapes you have. Always prioritise the welfare of the fish but you will still find options within that that will thrive in either tank.
I want to have fish but I’m not sure they can handle my fertilizer regimes, the dutch tank is daily with both iron and micro, I’m not sure I want to risk my fish in that.
What are you going to study then?
Probably something business related, and focus on
plants for aquascaping and terrarium business type since it have been very popular in my country.

At the moment I have been selling plants trimming and emersed Echinodorus. Here are some of it:
1A5C17FF-46E3-4C59-AFFC-DD717303476B.jpeg

F5130AC9-7290-4C6B-9305-4004492215E1.jpeg

What species of Echinodorus are they?
We have something similar to the variegated one (Echinodorus corfidoflia or something) The bottom one looks like a green ruffled sword, no idea on the scientific name of it.

What's the variegated one like to grow?
is it easy or hard?
you doing anything special for it?

What's the variegated one like to grow?
is it easy or hard?
you doing anything special for it?
About medium, I sprayed the plants with tank water about twice a week.

Anyway, how are you and other members doing while I was gone? Is PK still here?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back