My Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kev350d

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Its now fully cycled and the plants are now taking a great hold and starting to grow well.

Tank:

Juwel Trigon 350 (filter, heater removed)
Fluval 405 (Sponges and Ehfi Torf peat)
Hydor Theo 400w heater
No CO2 as yet but will be adding a sysyem when funds suit.
Fine gravel substrate with First Layer Pure Laterite
Also looking at investing in a UV sterilizer

Tank is currently undergoing Protozin Treatment as newly introduced clown loaches developed signs of whitespot (infested prior to purchase as signs developed 24hrs after introduction).

tank-1.jpg

Thanks guys i had planned originally to get a small community tank for my kids but after reading up on the hobby on here i became very much addicted and the hobby has hit me again by storm, sold my equipment 10yr ago due to a house move and the fact both myself and my wife worked crazy hours, at the time i was serving in the forces and my wife a nurse so time was limited and im a firm believer you shouldnt have anything if you cant look after it fully so it had to go.

Now im firmly rooted in one place now and working normal hours in a normal job so i have plenty enough time to enjoy the hobby i loved.

:good:

Nice tank Kev, it`l look even better with some riccia and some crypts in there :D

Super tank there mate.
Looks like a tank that Juwel would use to advertise their tanks :nod:

Almost looks like a Juwel advert lol

good stuff like it a lot :)

I'll sort one in a tick, just been removing alot of the plants that wernt true aquatic species..

That looks superb and i cant wait to see some closer shots, it does like like an advertising feature tank, i would be well proud of a tank like that.

Thanks for the kind words folks, its such a boost when you get some nice feedback here's a couple closer pics, (water is slightly coloured from treatment and also just added more bogwood sorry about the quality, only got the one light on whilst fish or undergoing treatment)
The grainy effect in the water are tiny bubbles as i have the filter up full slightly off the surface, again to add oxygen that is spent by the treatment looks crystal with a tinge of brown (peat+bogwood) when the filter is lowered slightly.

Stocking:

3 Shrimp
13 Cardinal tetra
7 Glowlight tetra
5 Albino corry's
2 Clown loach (2 more in quarentine)
3x pearl gourami 1 x male 2x female
3x golden gourami (as above)

tank-2.jpg

_MG_7208.jpg

Most reactions

trending