FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I added vinyl lettering to my 50s old fridge to make it look like a coca cola vending machine

before:

SN852144-vi.jpg

after:
fridge2-vi.jpg

And the fridge still works after 60 years.

They made things to last in those days!! (Sigh!)

Oh I love it! Slide one over this way, okay?

vinyl lettering of all types is available widely on ebay.   The lettering is easy to apply and looks almost like it's painted on the surface.  Here's a pic of a restored 1950s wagon.  It was all rusted and the wheels were all falling off before I restored it.  The vinyl lettering matches what was on the wagon originally.

SN852100-vi.jpg

Here is a picture of an antique 1950s coke vending machine that gave me the idea to decorate my 50s fridge.  I added the chrome strip to the fridge to make it like they had on the vending machine:

cokemachineantique-vi.jpg

Very cool, i like it, great job! 
smile.png

Well now! I know where some of my next pay cheque is going :) Problem is....2010 refrigerators don't work as well as those from 1950!

trickyspot--post a pic here if you do this mod to your fridge

this is a reproduction neon coca cola clock on the opposite wall to the fridge

SN852239-vi.jpg

I don't know about vinyl lettering, but it's close.

I make weatherproof signs for various things and use black contact paper for my lettering. I use a cricut machine to cut the letters, peel them off, and stick them to corrugated plastic board. Contact paper is similar to vinyl, but it rips a little easier.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back