My Angelfish just died....

Better still, have 15 blacks and 15 whites. And then you have England playing The All Blacks :rofl:

I would not add any gourami to a tank with white skirts. As already mentioned they are nippy fish and I wouldn't trust them with gouramis.

I would not get dwarf gouramis even when there are no nippy fish. They are often infected with an incurable disease by the time they arrive at the store. Another problem with dwarfs is that many stores sell only males, and these are quite aggressive fish so only one male per tank. Females are plain silver-grey and stores don't sell them because "they are plain and boring and no-one will buy them"
Honey gouramis were mentioned as a possibility, but there's still the white skirt issue. Honeys don't have the same issues as dwarfs.
So no centerpiece fish?

It's fish with long fins which are the problem with fin nippers and gouramis have those long dangly 'feelers' which would be irresistible to nippy fish.
Cories could be OK as they tend to stay near the bottom of a tank.

It's fish with long fins which are the problem with fin nippers and gouramis have those long dangly 'feelers' which would be irresistible to nippy fish.
Cories could be OK as they tend to stay near the bottom of a tank.
How about a ram then?

Rams ned warmer temperatures than cories; they are not really compatible.

Tanks don't need a centrepiece fish, especially smaller ones like 30 gallons. Since you already have the white skirts, more of them would make a lovely display particularly if you were to mix white and black skirts as itiwhetu suggested since they are the same species.

So how about if I get a female dwarf Gourami without the feelers? Would they still attack it? Should I add more skirt tetras? It says online they are compatible and if you add more in a school they become less aggressive

Last edited:
Rams ned warmer temperatures than cories; they are not really compatible.

Tanks don't need a centrepiece fish, especially smaller ones like 30 gallons. Since you already have the white skirts, more of them would make a lovely display particularly if you were to mix white and black skirts as itiwhetu suggested since they are the same species.
Could I get arrested for animal abuse if I put a pair of dwarf gouramis in? And some extra white skirts?

Male and female gouramis both have feelers.

I would not get dwarf gouramis no matter what else was in the tank. Most of them have an incurable disease and die within a few months of purchase.

Very picky with water conditions....they aren't easy to keep

If you have skirts tetras of ANY kind, most fish aren't going to work well with them

Oh, trust me. I know. :) I have had my share of struggles. :)

But if he could maintain them, they would go well I think.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back