My angelfish is being Attacked and now has multiple wounds all over her ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Heather Hall

Reaction score
Hi my names heather Iā€™ve had my angel Fish now for Year and half now. Angel didnā€™t have wounds on her two days ago now she has between 6-8 wounds all over her body I have put her in my spare tank to help them heal applied new water to it what else can I get to help them wounds heal.

Attachments

• 5A04B8A2-0E8B-4153-A942-D9B030358133.jpeg
    5A04B8A2-0E8B-4153-A942-D9B030358133.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 82F9FD95-D402-462F-BE7D-BE3729DD74E0.jpeg
    82F9FD95-D402-462F-BE7D-BE3729DD74E0.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 3511FA41-1B09-46B4-97FC-3404D2C67DA8.jpeg
    3511FA41-1B09-46B4-97FC-3404D2C67DA8.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 9718F019-D8E1-43DD-92DD-ADED31265E2E.jpeg
    9718F019-D8E1-43DD-92DD-ADED31265E2E.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 223
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

What other fish are in the tank and which fish attacked the angel?
Has the angel lost an eye?

The best things to do to help fish heal is keep the water clean and feed them a varied diet.
1) Do a 75% water change each day to help reduce the number of disease organisms in the water.
2) Keep the temperature at a suitable level for the fish, around 26-28C for angelfish.
3) Make sure there is plenty of aeration/ surface turbulence to maximise the oxygen levels in the water.
4) Feed the fish 3-5 times a day with a variety of dry, frozen (but defrosted) and live foods.

-------------------------
Monitor the wounds for infection. This will show up as red areas around or in the wound, or white fluffy stuff. If the wounds get infected, then add a broad spectrum medication that treats bacteria and fungal infections. But do not add medications unless the wounds become infected.

If you have to treat the fish, use Methylene Blue or Triple Sulpha. They both treat bacteria and fungus and are safer than most other medications. But monitor the fish first and only treat if the wounds become infected.

The best things to do to help fish heal is keep the water clean and feed them a varied diet.
1) Do a 75% water change each day to help reduce the number of disease organisms in the water.
2) Keep the temperature at a suitable level for the fish, around 26-28C for angelfish.
3) Make sure there is plenty of aeration/ surface turbulence to maximise the oxygen levels in the water.
4) Feed the fish 3-5 times a day with a variety of dry, frozen (but defrosted) and live foods.

Monitor the wounds for infection. This will show up as red areas around or in the wound, or white fluffy stuff. If the wounds get infected, then add a broad spectrum medication that treats bacteria and fungal infections. But do not add medications unless the wounds become infected.

If you have to treat the fish, use Methylene Blue or Triple Sulpha. They both treat bacteria and fungus and are safer than most other medications. But monitor the fish first and only treat if the wounds become infected.

___________________________________How would I know if the wounds are infected

You never answered the "what other fish" question.
If there is another angel fish in the main tank she can't go back in there as it will only happen again, and you may not be quick enough to save her next time.

I
If there is another angel fish in the main tank she can't go back in there as it will only happen again, and you may not be quick enough to save her next time.

I have one albino cats fish same age one red tail shark I had two guppies male

I have one albino cat fish one red and black tail shark both about year old two guppy male and female male died last week and I have one neo tetra one orange beta and four little one size of neo tetra but they have two with black spot markings and two with black strip markings but now only have one with black strip markings.

I

I have one albino cats fish same age one red tail shark I had two guppies male

I have one albino cat fish one red and black tail shark both about year old two guppy male and female male died last week and I have one neo tetra one orange beta and four little one size of neo tetra but they have two with black spot markings and two with black strip markings but now only have one with black strip markings.

There is little doubt at all but that the culprit here is the Red Tail Shark. I recommend you re-home it. It needs a 4-foot tank, with no other substrate fish. And it frequently takes a dislike to upper fish, especially any with vertical striping, which may or may not be seen as the angelfish, but it doesn't matter as the RTS is a nasty fish most of the time and is not suited to most community tanks, especially smaller ones (less than 4-5 feet in length).

Angel I think had lost an eye or she canā€™t see out it about year ago the eye was injured with either another fish or the plastic seaweed red tail shark has been in the tank with angel for about year and I have a 3-4 foot tank Length ways

Angel I think had lost an eye or she canā€™t see out it about year ago the eye was injured with either another fish or the plastic seaweed red tail shark has been in the tank with angel for about year and I have a 3-4 foot tank Length ways

The RTS is still the likely culprit. Aggression in a fish, when it is normal and natural for the species, sometimes does not exhibit itself. Then some environmental factor "throws the switch" so to speak, and the fish lashes out. As these are inherent traits of the species they can be assumed to be normal to the fish, rather than thee exception.

And as the other fish are guppies, it is certainly more likely the RTS.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back