my anemone split is that normal?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bjftanker

Reaction score
I came home this morning to my surprise that my anemone split in two pieces. What would cause it to do that? Will it die? It seems to be just fine for now. Any help would be appreciated...

They can do it from time to time, just Asexual reproduction like fragging a coral, or like a cucumber splitting into two. sometimes one may die off but if all goes ok, then you should be left with two nice anemonys.

ste :)

its a sign that your nenny is doing well, if you keep treating it this well you may be able to sell em.

Hmm... im not so sure.

You came down and it suddenly split? anemones usualy take longer to achieve this. a sudden split overnight seems very fast for an anemone to divide. Is it cut openor is it fully healed and formed 2 definate anemones with 2 mouths?

Its very strange it seemed to be getting fairly large in size. Then over night i guess it started to split apart. Then by morning when i really noticed the change. It was hanging on by a thread and split into two seperate pieces. Both of them seem to be doing well. I can say it looks like one seems to be forming a mouth the other i cant really tell by the way it sits. But both seem to be healthy and okay...

Where the cut took place is it healed? When anemones and slugs etc split, they recover normally very quickly from their division.
If it is the case, youve got a good set-up. But like nav said.....hmm, what fish u got?

Ive just read your sig. "moray eel,puffer fish,purple tang,trigger,box fish," The puffers or trigger could have done this.

well the fish in that perticular tank that the anenomy is in has 3 clown fish and 2 small damsels. The anenomy still seems to be doing okay, so i gess both pieces are going to live and seem to be healing just fine..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back