My Ammonia and Nitrite have gone up!

Okie doke, that's good! Test ammonia and nitrites again when you're done, if they're both at zero, then let us know and we can start figuring out what caused the spike :)
Hello again just finished and the nitrite levels are still high.

Nitrite: 0.50ppm
Ammonia: 0.10ppm

Hello again just finished and the nitrite levels are still high.

Nitrite: 0.50ppm
Ammonia: 0.10ppm
Did you say before that the ammonia was at .50? If so that means the water change helped a lot. I recommend another water change but I'll wait to see what adorabelle says

Yes, do another 75% W/C, afraid you need to keep water changing until ammonia and nitrite are both at zero.

Also make sure you don't have something like a dead fish hidden somewhere producing ammonia, and don't feed the tank today or tomorrow. They'll be fine without food for a few days, we need to find out what's causing the spike first. When you do this water change, remove as much waste from the tank as you can, uneaten food, poop, any dead or dying plant matter.

Also, do you have Seachem Prime?

Yes, do another 75% W/C, afraid you need to keep water changing until ammonia and nitrite are both at zero.

Also make sure you don't have something like a dead fish hidden somewhere producing ammonia, and don't feed the tank today or tomorrow. They'll be fine without food for a few days, we need to find out what's causing the spike first. When you do this water change, remove as much waste from the tank as you can, uneaten food, poop, any dead or dying plant matter.

Also, do you have Seachem Prime?
Yes I do have seachem prime. I can't really do another water change because it's quite loud I can do it tomorrow morning.

Yes I do have seachem prime. I can't really do another water change because it's quite loud I can do it tomorrow morning.
A fish being missing would explain the ammonia spike. A rotting body produces ammonia. Find that body! And do a double dose of Prime for the whole tank, to bind the ammonia and nitrite until you can do another water change tomorrow.

A fish being missing would explain the ammonia spike. A rotting body produces ammonia. Find that body! And do a double dose of Prime for the whole tank, to bind the ammonia and nitrite until you can do another water change tomorrow.
How much should I treat for 90L?

What are those? They look like eggs.

Attachments

• DAC36101-9AD6-4ED3-8781-E241A61FB341.jpeg
    DAC36101-9AD6-4ED3-8781-E241A61FB341.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 36

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back