My African Cichlid Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pbase5583

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have about 15 african cichlids 2 inches each. and i was wondering when they get bigger what to do. they are in a 65 gallon tank. wouldnt that be really crowded

What species do you have? 15 smaller cichlids in a 65 gallon sounds pretty right. You need extensive rock work though.

think 15 is ok depending on what fish you got and what size they get too. your meant to overstock a malawi tank to ease aggression anyway but don't think thats too much.

i have 3 yellow finned malawi cichlids, 3 yellow labs, 3 red zebras, 1 kenyi cichlid, 2 paratilapia bleekeri(getting rid of them when they grow) 1 melanchromis something its blue

i have 3 yellow finned malawi cichlids, 3 yellow labs, 3 red zebras, 1 kenyi cichlid, 2 paratilapia bleekeri(getting rid of them when they grow) 1 melanchromis something its blue

Yellow finned? Maybe some pics?
The melanochromis is probably a Johanii but would need pics to verify.

Yeh you should have around 15 in that tank. It might be better if you stick to 2 or 3 particular species but not necessary. Just make sure there are a lot of breaks in sight and rock work for them to claim territories.

ill post in a sec, gotta charge my camera, now this is my stock officially

3 yellow labs
3 red zebras
1 large pleco
2 paratilapia bleekeri
3 yellow finned ones
2 melochromis autoras(dont know second name, just yellow with horizontal stripes)
3 giraffe patterned ones
1 melochromis Mainganos i think(the blue ones with horizontal stripes)
2 mbunas with yellow fins, but the yellow is at the bottom instead of the top

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back