MY ADF won't eat

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rhonda

Reaction score
I got him almost 48 hours ago and i haven't seen him eat a bite yet. The people at the pet store said that he had been eating Frog and Tadpole bites, so bought those , but he doesn't seem to want to eat them. I tried just dropping them in the water for him.. waiting util he was at the top and putting them right in front of him , and i tried putting them next to him when he was sitting at the bottom.. still nothing! any ideas as to what i can do or as to what may be wrong? :dunno:

It's very possible that he's still shaken up from the move. Let him settle a day or two more.

Also check your water parameters, in case something's amiss. What's the temperature? Too cool and he'll go off his food.

Also they're more active at night. Feeding him in the evening may prove more fruitful.

Rhonda said:
I got him almost 48 hours ago and i haven't seen him eat a bite yet. The people at the pet store said that he had been eating Frog and Tadpole bites, so bought those , but he doesn't seem to want to eat them.
Hi, the last poster is right that you may want to give it a day or two more. Also, I do suggest you get your ADF frozen (not freeze dried) bloodworms. They LOVE these and I'm sure he will start eating if you offer them to him. You can try using a small turkey baster and squirt the thawed bloodworms in front of his nose.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back