My 60 Gallon Tank (work In Progress)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

soulasassin

Reaction score
hey people, havent been keeping fish all that long (about 8 month) but thought id show a pic of my setup as it currently stands. so far i have 3 large goldfish, 2 shubunkins, 2 fantails, 4 silver rudd, 2 albino grass carp and 3 weather loaches. apologies for the densa looking a bit raggedy but the goldfish are quite fond of it! any recommendations for alterations to the setup are welcome, im here to learn :)
Tank.jpg

hey people, havent been keeping fish all that long (about 8 month) but thought id show a pic of my setup as it currently stands. so far i have 3 large goldfish, 2 shubunkins, 2 fantails, 4 silver rudd, 2 albino grass carp and 3 weather loaches. apologies for the densa looking a bit raggedy but the goldfish are quite fond of it! any recommendations for alterations to the setup are welcome, im here to learn :)
View attachment 68015
the tank is gonna be a overstocked once the fish are fully grown, as goldfish require 80l for the first fish the 40l per each fish after that so just by that there are to many goldies as just for the current ones you have they require 320 litres so, which your tank is about 300l if you fill it up to about the black bar about an inch from the top, so just some advice that you should probs rehome the rudd, carp and loaches as you will be heavily over stocked once the fish are fully grown, sorry to be the bearer of bad news if other people agree with me.

i expected that id have to rehome the carp eventually so ive already made provisions for that with the owner of the shop i bought them from (hes agreed to give me some fish in trade for the carp so he can put the carp in his pond once theyre bigger). as for the 3 large goldfish, they were transferred from another tank the same size as mine, and theyre all at least 3 years old and i was told they wouldnt get much if any bigger than they are now. the loaches are all fully grown already, or so ive been told (the biggest one is about 5 inches and hasnt changed in size since i set the tank up. i may well have been told incorrectly about the loaches and goldfish but im just working off what i was told. a bigger tank isnt really an option as i dont have anywhere i could put it :-/

i expected that id have to rehome the carp eventually so ive already made provisions for that with the owner of the shop i bought them from (hes agreed to give me some fish in trade for the carp so he can put the carp in his pond once theyre bigger). as for the 3 large goldfish, they were transferred from another tank the same size as mine, and theyre all at least 3 years old and i was told they wouldnt get much if any bigger than they are now. the loaches are all fully grown already, or so ive been told (the biggest one is about 5 inches and hasnt changed in size since i set the tank up. i may well have been told incorrectly about the loaches and goldfish but im just working off what i was told. a bigger tank isnt really an option as i dont have anywhere i could put it :-/
If I was you I would just get rid of all the other fish except the goldies and just leave the tank at that, and instead of trading for more fish get some plants like java fern our anubais as goldies dont tend to like the taste and will leave them alone, as you tank just with the goldies is a little overstocked so would be best with just them, as goldies like the shubunkins grown to about 25cm and should live about 20 years if kept correctly.

You must minimize the number of fishes in your tank and also for more attraction of your tank there must be more plants. Thanks for sharing

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back