My 2Ft Marine Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

added a flame angle and changed the way the rock is

robert1988 said:
added a flame angle and changed the way the rock is

Well done on moving the tang on, its refreshing to see someone putting the fishes care first :)

Just keep a close eye on that flame angel they can be notorious coral munchers, Most will end up nipping at corals at some point in their lives.  Some people have them in reefs with no problem though so just keep a keen eye on it.

Nice little hammer youve got there also :) Im a big fan of lps

yer im pretty happy with how the tank is and yer I will keep an eye on him im feeding him twice a day so hoping he is well fed so he dosnt eat my corals

robert1988 said:
yer im pretty happy with how the tank is and yer I will keep an eye on him im feeding him twice a day so hoping he is well fed so he dosnt eat my corals

Hopefully that will prevent it from happening :)

robert1988 said:
yer that's what im hoping

Keep us informed if anything changes :) It might give me the encouragement to get one for my reef. I keep putting it off out of fear lol

bit of an update i have moved all the fish on and pulled the tank down to do a corner weir and sump with new skimmer had a few problems with the skimmer i had and it needed a sump so i now have a bubble magus curve 5 skimmer jebao wp10 wave maker jebao dc 6000 lph return pump fiji pink and white sand about 12kg of live rock and a full spectrum 120 watt led light i will be putting a radion xr15 pro on there soon 

I think the clown fish are truly mesmerising. The variety of live corals you can get is so impressive. I would be tempted to do a similar nano tank like I have with a few Clown fish and live rocks etc. maybe someday... But looks like you seem to be doing well and learning new things along the way! 
yes.gif

Here are a few of my particular favourites 

IMG_0814.jpg

Second one

IMG_0037.jpg

Fascinating what can be done with such a small space. 

yer that looks pretty good my tank will be a mixed reef will most likely put a pair of percular clowns to start off with and will also put a coral beauty and a chromis and a bicolor blenny only want a few fish and lots of corals

well just waiting for the tank to finish cycling tested it and got 

amonia 0
nitrite 0.1
nitrate 50
ph 8.3
kh 10.2
alk 3.65
phos 0.1
havent bothered testing cal and mag
and i will bring the kh down after the cycle has finished

also added a phosban 150 reactor with carbon today

Most reactions