My 29 gallon aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ladykelly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
This is my 1st planted aquarium ever. It's been set up for maybe 3 months if that. Lol cant remember. The one I just added is baby tears.... it looks crappy right now. I'm unsure if it will survive but we soon see. The tiger lotus melted down to only one original leaf and is now growing new ones. It will be my center piece the aquarium has a huge drift wood with a hole in the middle. A long straight drift woid and a flat rock. Behind the huge driftwood is a sword. Its has a lot of leaves but they not growing tall yet. On the drift wood is java fern, anubias to the right of it java moss in the hole which makes a great bed for any fry, then another anubias and java fern. Infront of the drift wood is to crypts and they growing well. To the left of crypts is my tiger lotus smack dab in the middle of tank.infront of lotus I started the baby tears Now right side of tank needs more work. . it dont get as much light in that area. Right now I have the tall drift wood with java moss attach to it. I will add some kind of anubias to the slat if it....maybe a nano. To right of that tall drift wood is the rock indrint is another crypt it only has java moss in it. Also to right us a heavy duty filter for 29 gallon to 60. My tank 28 gallons. The residence are: 7+ shrimp saphire and bloody Mary (yes I know they can breed and may give me wild type babies but I'm not selling them ) 2 loaches, 2 tetras, 1 adult female guppy and quit a few guppy fry I was debating in entering it in the contest but it's a work in progress and I think it be better by next aquarium contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
15756640031355320947018828513542.jpg

NIce looking tank. You may want to enter it in our Tank of the Month contest next month. It will start on January 1st.

Thank you I will just needs a little time to make it a winner in my opinion.

Wish I could zoom in....that picture has a bloody mary shrimp posing for the camera

You can enter even your tank is not “there” yet. You an always reenter again in a later month... then we can notice any changes. The TOTM contest runs first of every month.

The pictures are a little close up to see all the planting you've done but it sounds good so far. Since you are so into plants almost more than the animals, my recommendation is just to start thinking of your aquarium as a painting (with some moving parts) - most paintings of landscapes have both planted areas and ground, so the negative space (without plants) becomes as important as the positive space (with plants). So try to group your plants close together (tall ones in the back) then leave open space and group a bunch more together. Florists like to do everything by odd numbers so you could put a third bunch somewhere else - then it gives all the open space a place to swim. Aquariums with plants all over the place don't give the fish any open place to swim and that's really important especially if they are schooling fish.. I couldn't tell the spacing by your pictures so you might already be doing that.

I'm unsure how big they will grow.... dint want it too crowded but I want it to look well like you said a painting .
15756869643758177923310301766794.jpg

Right now my shrimp are out lol. And posing. I dont want to move them around so I'm hoping the sizes are ok. One crpt doubled the size since I got it.
15756871407515952464822716322524.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back