My 26 Gallon Bow Front

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rickmyross

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
c1w5lZC.jpeg

This is my first post and the file is too big to upload on here apparently so hope this works.
A little about the tank;
It has been up and running for 3 or so months now.
I have a Quad t5ho 98 watt fixture with four 6700k bulbs.
Co2 injected. I dose excell, and I dose Envy by Aquavitro.
It's currently stocked with orange sakura shrimp and assassin snails that are all breeding.
I've been having trouble keeping the tank cool in the summer (if you can tell by the 3 different thermometers)
Im probably leaving out a bunch. If you have any questions or would like any plants named feel free to ask.

I am not a fan of bow front tanks but that looks awesome! I love the way it looks! 
There are a couple of threads already about tank temps, a lot of people, myself included, are having trouble keeping the temps down in this insane heat. 

Looks great! I love that piece of driftwood. I also love all the different types of plants in there! Is that carpeting moss java moss?

I have more tanks in my house, this one is in the master bedroom. Fits good in the room. Id never get another bowfront tank though.. especially not anything bigger.
Yeah I lost quite a few shrimp, my tank was over 84° when I was away for the weekend. Still plenty left.
Thanks!
Blondielovesfish said:
Looks great! I love that piece of driftwood. I also love all the different types of plants in there! Is that carpeting moss java moss?

Its actually spike moss / Christmas moss. I glued it to pieces of plastic canvas and placed them like a carpet. I like the look but its a bit of a pain.

whats your stock that tank looks great im sure its a future tank of the month entry
yes.gif

Thankyou! At first the problem was getting it to fill in, but really when im planting new plants it likes to float slightly off the substrate. Things like that. If I did it again id have glued substrate to the bottoms of the mesh!
ncguppy830 said:
whats your stock that tank looks great im sure its a future tank of the month entry:nod:
Thanks! Im flattered. I had ~120 shrimp but lost a ton of shrimplets due to temperature. So now theres about 20 orange sakura :( and ~12 assassin snails including babies. And ive spotted 8 more eggs.

This is definitely a contender for tank of the month when you have been here longer! Is there any fish in it or just shrimpies?

Ny82 said:
This is definitely a contender for tank of the month when you have been here longer! Is there any fish in it or just shrimpies?
I have 4 wild green tetras in there for seed shrimp control. They are nearly done and ready to go back to their school in my 75 gal community.

rickmyross said:
Thankyou! At first the problem was getting it to fill in, but really when im planting new plants it likes to float slightly off the substrate. Things like that. If I did it again id have glued substrate to the bottoms of the mesh!
whats your stock that tank looks great im sure its a future tank of the month entry:nod:
Thanks! Im flattered. I had ~120 shrimp but lost a ton of shrimplets due to temperature. So now theres about 20 orange sakura
sad.png
and ~12 assassin snails including babies. And ive spotted 8 more eggs.

every thought aboutputtingin a fish permantly?

I wanted it to be a shrimp only tank in the begging. Im not sure if the green neons will eat fry, I havent noticed them bugging shrimp.

Awesome tank!!! I wouldn't change a thing!

I like bow's...they are unique. Of course I like long straight ones better, but variety is the spice of life.

"I wonder if the fish can see outside better in a bow tank?"

I have a 37-38 gal bow that is in the clean process. Got it for next to nothing along with a filter and some other extras, all the stuff needed some TLC and that's what I'm doing. I have sketched up some great plans for this tank when ready and am probly gonna roll some dice for choice on design. I really like this concept and will probly try something similar at some point.

Of course with my own unique variation.

I personally do not like heavily vegetated tank or under-vegetated tank. I also believe every freshwater save for special cases require natural vegetation to create an eco balance that is healthy and looks great to boot. Just like in the wild!! 

Attachments

• aga-aquascaping-contest-winner-4.jpg
    aga-aquascaping-contest-winner-4.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 140
I'd love to see this all overgrown and jungle like. I'm not sure if thats what you're intending on but I think it'd look awesome!

p.s. why are you guys hating on bowfronts?! lol. I personally think they look gorgeous! I have both a bow front and a long flat tank...the long flat tank just looks to plain to me..idk what it is but the bowfront just gives something a little extra. I think anyway :)

cichlidi45 said:
Awesome tank!!! I wouldn't change a thing!

I like bow's...they are unique. Of course I like long straight ones better, but variety irs the spice of life.

"I wonder if the fish can see outside better in a bow tank?"

I have a 37-38 gal bow that is in the clean process. Got it for next to nothing along with a filter and some other extras, all the stuff needed some TLC and that's what I'm doing. I have sketched up some great plans for this tank when ready and am probly gonna roll some dice for choice on design. I really like this concept and will probly try something similar at some point.

Of course with my own unique variation.

I personally do not like heavily vegetated tank or under-vegetated tank. I also believe every freshwater save for special cases require natural vegetation to create an eco balance that is healthy and looks great to boot. Just like in the wild!!
Thanks for the reply! I never owned a bow front before this one. The best thing about it is the amount of space it doesn't need. Its a good bedroom tank for sure. I have a 6' 75g a couple 4' 45g and a 35g hex (the hexagon is nice too, a little different, goes well in a corner! Im into the over grown look. But i also love the open ness in the middle. Its great feeding the shrimp and seeing a dpg pile of 50+ right in the center!
(Excuse typos im at work on my phone and im not sure this site has an app?)
christylee said:
I'd love to see this all overgrown and jungle like. I'm not sure if thats what you're intending on but I think it'd look awesome!

p.s. why are you guys hating on bowfronts?! lol. I personally think they look gorgeous! I have both a bow front and a long flat tank...the long flat tank just looks to plain to me..idk what it is but the bowfront just gives something a little extra. I think anyway :)
Hey! That is the plan yep! Im taking 'er slow though, lots of trimming to keep the plants thick and spread out to avoid a bottom full of colorless stems.

I like the box front for sure. The only things I dislike are; taking pictures - the bowed front makes for taking pictures anything but straight on difficult. And even trying to view the tank at high angles makes it impossible to see. Other than that it adds a little bit of different depth to the tank. If I was to go bigger than 26g id probably stick with straight glass.

This is way off topic, but I cant upload any pictures on here to my display pic? Every pictures file size is too big.. maybe because I post from a phone?
Ok nvm I googled how to change the file size on my phone (a) -.-

There isn't an app for this site, however there is a mobile site. Just go to the bottom of the page and it should have something about a mobile page (can't remember what exactly it says).

Also, if you want to upload a pic then you can create a photo bucket (or similar) account and upload to there and then post the URL onto here.

Most reactions

trending

Back