My 200L Journal

Thanks. Just the usual stuff really. nothing special. Are yours male? I know female Congo's are drab.

I bought 9 juveniles about 1.5 years ago and only 2 of them were males. One of the would-be males (it only just started to develop its tail) died, so I am left with only 1 male and 7 females! I guess it would be good to have more males to get some competition between them and give the ladies something to choose from :hey:. However, these fish are hardly ever imported into Mexico. Since I bought mine I have only seen them upon one other occasion and again, non-sexable juveniles...

Thanks. Just the usual stuff really. nothing special. Are yours male? I know female Congo's are drab.

I bought 9 juveniles about 1.5 years ago and only 2 of them were males. One of the would-be males (it only just started to develop its tail) died, so I am left with only 1 male and 7 females! I guess it would be good to have more males to get some competition between them and give the ladies something to choose from :hey:. However, these fish are hardly ever imported into Mexico. Since I bought mine I have only seen them upon one other occasion and again, non-sexable juveniles...

That's a shame, is there a reason they're so rare in Mexico? Very common round here to see Congo's of all sizes for sale. I bet that's one happy male you have though :)

Great look you going on there!

Cheers Ian.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back