My 200L Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wow, i love it. For some reason i don't think i have looked at you journal before?

Love the Java Fern, don't think i have ever seen one as healthy as that! The Moss also looks top notch! :)

whoaaaaaa that has grown!!!!

it's gone all jungley, love the Aponogeton, they are great when they flower. I'm still waiting for my Crispus to flower.

Ha ha, yeah getting the jungle feel now at last. Loving the fact that it's flowering but can't see the actual flower unless you open the lid and look from above.

Wow, i love it. For some reason i don't think i have looked at you journal before?

Love the Java Fern, don't think i have ever seen one as healthy as that! The Moss also looks top notch! :)

Cheers mate. The Java Fern is getting on for two years old now.

Blimey. Mine just seem to get brown spots all over them and stay the same. lol.

Your Rainbows are great, definately a fish that doesn't get the credit it deserves!

Blimey. Mine just seem to get brown spots all over them and stay the same. lol.

Your Rainbows are great, definately a fish that doesn't get the credit it deserves!

Yeah they grow really slow, lovely plant though and zero maintenance.

As for the rainbows I don't think you can fully appreciate them until you see a planted tank full of adult rainbows. That's what inspired me a couple of years ago. Mine are still only small/medium sized, they also grow really slowly so you need a lot of patience.

Obviously the Bosemani are stunning, but the other species are very overlooked. Great fish!

I got my hands on a better camera around this time so made this YouTube vid:

And took this photo:

P1010129.JPG

The video is awesome, tank loks fantastic, WHAT is that music ? is incredible? Rainbowfish ROCK too. What a beautiful aquarium :)

I've set it up again with the exact same hardscape as before (one trick pony) and I've changed the substrate to Eco Complete 18kg and Caribsea black sand (9kg)......

What made you change your plant substrate ? I can see the advantage of darker sand.. generally makes fish colour better (though yours were fine before ;))

really like the aponogeton, it's good when they flower one of my natans bulbs just has. As for the lily, my bulb was really well established with 2 plants stemming from it, when I removed the bulb the leaves stopped growing in their tracks and all I got was 2 inch long runt leaves. Pulled it out, guessed that it needed the bulb to grow properly.

Wow, this tank got seriously overgrown since the last update and I didn't get round to trimming it until a couple of days ago. The Mayaca had grown across the surface and then back down the front obscuring everything. The Aponogeton just gets bigger and bigger and flowers all the time. I had to trim the moss as it was starting to show browning under the top layer. The Java Fern leaves in the centre of the bunch were looking very unhealthy so I've had to thin it down quite a bit.

Because of all this the tank isn't looking its best at the moment...

P1010825.JPG

P1010830.JPG

Managed to get hold of a Lotus with bulb though. I'm considering ditching the Mayaca for now and maybe using giant Vallis in its place.

Edit, forgot the video...

I think it's looking great mate, looks really thick and lush growth.

The video is awesome, tank loks fantastic, WHAT is that music ? is incredible? Rainbowfish ROCK too. What a beautiful aquarium :)

Thanks. Ha ha, that's an old vid now but the music on that is Brian Eno, An Ending. I keep getting copyright warnings so I've started using Youtube's own tacky music on vids now.

What made you change your plant substrate ? I can see the advantage of darker sand.. generally makes fish colour better (though yours were fine before ;))

Cheers. As you say, it makes the fish and plants stand out better in my opinion and generally looks cleaner.

Great looking tank and fish you have there :good:

Thanks.

I think it's looking great mate, looks really thick and lush growth.

Cheers mate. The Mayaca, Moss and Java Fern have definitely seen better days though. I think it usually takes a while to look it best again after a huge trim.

Yeah it does mate, I hacked my ferns back last week so I'm looking at a couple of months till all the brown leaves grow back green.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back