My 20 gallon stocking idea

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Gabriel 50

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a tank that I am prepared to set up for. I have a 20g long, and a aquaclear 50 filter that I plan to use for this aquarium. I want it to be heavily planted, I am using NEO aquarium soil, and CO2. I would like if you guys can suggest some easy to medium bushy plants for the back ground. And a good carpeting plant. So far I want hair grass. But I will take suggestions also.

Stocking wise, I plan to add 6 neon tetras, some type of small Cory school of 6, Amono shrimp, cherry shrimp, and a centre piece Koi Betta.

feel free to suggest different filters or stocking ideas. I do want a Koi Betta as my centre piece.

As for plant health. What do you guys suggest me to add? Besides the Co2?

Hi guys, I have a tank that I am prepared to set up for. I have a 20g long, and a aquaclear 50 filter that I plan to use for this aquarium. I want it to be heavily planted, I am using NEO aquarium soil, and CO2. I would like if you guys can suggest some easy to medium bushy plants for the back ground. And a good carpeting plant. So far I want hair grass. But I will take suggestions also.

Stocking wise, I plan to add 6 neon tetras, some type of small Cory school of 6, Amono shrimp, cherry shrimp, and a centre piece Koi Betta.

feel free to suggest different filters or stocking ideas. I do want a Koi Betta as my centre piece.

As for plant health. What do you guys suggest me to add? Besides the Co2?
What are the tank dimensions and what is your GH? GH can be obtained through your water companys website. If it comes up as dH then thats fine its just the german way of celcius. 1dh= 17.4ppm.

I would personally up the neon count and remove the RCS because the betta will see them as a snack and it could end up being a waste of money if the betta destroys the population. For your corys I'd suggest Corydoras panda or Corydoras pygmaeus. If you go with panda corys, 6 of them is a good number. If you go with pygmy corys go with 10-12 as they do well in big numbers. Also the two corys I've mentioned are the names of the Corydoras i put previously.

Plants Cabomba or Ambulia or Hygrophilia polysperma are always good for stemmed plants. Go with pygmy cats they are fantastic.

Along with the Co2 you will need to add some good lighting try and get to 1 watt per litre or just under and have it adjustable so you can control the amount of light as you will need to turn it down to start with.

My fav plant at the moment is Rotala I have H’ra, bonsai and green in my tank and it’s the plant you always see in pro aquascaper a tanks to make it look bushy with lots of red and green. For carpeting plants you should be ok with hair grass, Monte Carlo is quite an easy one too marsilea species are really fast growing and some of the bigger grass types look good with hair grass to make a contrast.

Most reactions

trending

Back