My 180ltr Planted Shrimp 'only' Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

JenCliBee

PleC & CorY MaD
Reaction score
Was bored so thought i would show my shrimp tank ;)

It's 180ltr with only shrimp and will be kept only shrimp, currently houses cherry and crystal black shrimp.

Sorry about the not good pics lol, best my camera will do im afraid.

Tank pics
Picture049.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Only pic i could get of the shrimp due to camera, anybody hazzard a guess what grade these are?... going by the planet inverts guide they seem like A grade.
Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

The tank is just waiting on the moss to grow now lol (long wait :p), but the mosses are java, flame and xmas and soon will be adding pheonix ( fissidens (sp) )

thanks for looking :)

jen

Looks fantastic - your shrimp are quite lucky!! Are you going to breed to sell on?

hehe I would be tempted to put a small shoal of emerald eye / mosquito rasbora in there when the moss grows a bit :D

Looks fantastic - your shrimp are quite lucky!! Are you going to breed to sell on?

hehe I would be tempted to put a small shoal of emerald eye / mosquito rasbora in there when the moss grows a bit :D

Cheers m8, my fish and shrimp live better than i do lol.... the idea yes is to hopefully breed and sell on but i will be adding a few other species of shrimp hopefully (all that cant cross breed) and hopefully have a nice mixed breeding group, i think the tank should be plenty big enough for that hopefully :)

Not sure on the fish side, if i was to have fish it would probably be either green neons or emba tetra but i really think the shrimp (in numbers) will be plenty to look at.. so i think it will always stay shrimp only, thanks for the suggestion though :good:

The tank is great, love the wood and moss and the wood, excellent scape too. It will look fantastic when its grown in a bit with lots of shrimp wandering about. The cbs in side profile looks like an S grade from the pattern. I would keep it shrimp only.
Shrimp paradise. :good:

The tank is great, love the wood and moss and the wood, excellent scape too. It will look fantastic when its grown in a bit with lots of shrimp wandering about. The cbs in side profile looks like an S grade from the pattern. I would keep it shrimp only.
Shrimp paradise. :good:

Thankyou :), hopefully it will start to fill out sooner rather than later lol... i think ive already convinced myself it will stay as a shrimp tank, think hundreds of mixed coloured shrimp could and hopefully will look nice ;).

Really S grade?, if they are thats much better than i was expecting, also a bargain at the price i paid lol :)

cheers again for the comments :)

jen

I concur looks a bit better then A grade. Standard A-S have 4 clearly defined bands, A grade have quite a bit of "fuzziness" around the black bands with patches of transparent shell remaining, S grade have virtually no transparent shell and reduced "fuzziness" of bands near to clearly defined, SS have clearly defined bands and no fuziness after that you then start getting ones where the number of bands are reduced and a small band on the head is preferable. CBS are generallycheaper then CRS aswell simply for supply and demand economics everyone knows that CRS are beautiful but seem to lack knowledge of CBS.

I concur looks a bit better then A grade. Standard A-S have 4 clearly defined bands, A grade have quite a bit of "fuzziness" around the black bands with patches of transparent shell remaining, S grade have virtually no transparent shell and reduced "fuzziness" of bands near to clearly defined, SS have clearly defined bands and no fuziness after that you then start getting ones where the number of bands are reduced and a small band on the head is preferable. CBS are generallycheaper then CRS aswell simply for supply and demand economics everyone knows that CRS are beautiful but seem to lack knowledge of CBS.

Well im well chuffed in that case, would have been with A grade but better cant be bad :)... not bad considering i brought the 9 for £25 ;)

Thanks all for the input so far :)

wow i bet they love living there

I hope so, they seem happy enough and thats good enough for me :)

Nice tank! Addictive little creatures aren't they? :D

Very much so, never really been into shrimp in the whole 15-16 years of keeping fish, since ive seen so many on this site theyve definitley grown on me...... few more species now and it should look really nice i hope :)

thanks for the comments peeps

jen

what is the plant in the middle and were can u get it from? love the tank and both shrimp u have. i am setting up a small 20L tank, will not look as nice as yours though!!

what is the plant in the middle and were can u get it from? love the tank and both shrimp u have. i am setting up a small 20L tank, will not look as nice as yours though!!

TBH m8 i havent a clue what the plant is.... anybody else know?, i got it off my sister becasue it just wouldnt stop growing so it was perfect for me and this tank ;)

Im sure yours will look just as good if not better :good: . What shrimp you planning on keeping?

well tbh mate, i was going for s grade CRS but im only 14 and i dont have alot of money atm and cant afford £15 a shrimp so i think im going to go with cherries till i find some money then put the cherries in the main tank when i want to swap. a plant that grows well for me under very low lighting my hygrophelia. just an idea for you!!

edit: you could add a couple of mossballs too. i cut one in half so they dont dwarf the shrimp out. ha.
also what moss will grow under low lighting but doesnt cost alot?

well tbh mate, i was going for s grade CRS but im only 14 and i dont have alot of money atm and cant afford £15 a shrimp so i think im going to go with cherries till i find some money then put the cherries in the main tank when i want to swap. a plant that grows well for me under very low lighting my hygrophelia. just an idea for you!!

edit: what moss will grow under low lighting but doesnt cost alot?

Well cherries are apparently a nice starter shrimp, so at least you can get some of them breeding and then sell them off to make the money for the CRS, java moss is probably the fastest growing moss under low light, but all moss will grow under low light anyways, just slower ;).... java moss tends to be quite cheap aswell and readily available so it may be your best option.

Ive have about 10 moss balls in another tank, i may actually transfer a couple cheers!! :)

yeh was think the plant was a hygro species just dont know which, may put it up on the planted section and see if anyone can ID it :)

jen

Wow!!! :hyper: Don't let any of my shrimps see your shrimpy paradise, or they'll all want to move :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Back