My 125L Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jamepsss

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Bought this tank in October to replace my 64L. I don't spend much time trying to 'scape' this tank, most of my efforts go on the larger tank. I just shoved a couple of bunches of Hygro Difformis plus some cuttings from my other tank and the stuff just grows like crazy. There's also driftwood, a bit of Christmas Moss, a tiny bit of Java Fern and a random bit of Sag. Filter is a Fluval 205 external.

IMG_04621.jpg

Stocking is as follows...

9 Cardinals (plus an old neon who's been with me since my very first tank)
9 Platys (started with 4)
5 Harlequins (one of them is a lamb chop)
7 Normans Lampeyes
7 Albino Corys (5 of these I raised myself)
2 ADF (been with me since my very first tank)

So that's pretty much fully stocked if not a little over. I never planned on getting livebearers but when I saw these bright red platy's I had to get some, they're amazing. I'm thinking of (reluctantly) giving my male platies away which would leave me with 6 females. Then I might increase the lamb chops to 5 and get 1 more harlequin. I love the frogs but they're a pain to feed so I won't be having any more after these.

The Platys...

IMG_03911.jpg

Regular occurrence..

IMG_03991-1.jpg

Hence my reason for keeping a single sex group. The novelty of fry has worn off for me and I often find babies swimming around in the filter :crazy:

Thanks for looking.

love it, great sense of depth to the 'scape

I think mainly using just one plant species gives it a very natural look.

Thats a great looking tank, loads of healthy plants for the baby platies to hide in. Nice stock as well, looks really peaceful :good:

Thanks very much.

Thats a great looking tank, loads of healthy plants for the baby platies to hide in. Nice stock as well, looks really peaceful :good:

Thanks. It's certainly peaceful, I've resisted the tempation to add anything that might disturb the peace. Tiny fish only in this tank (for now).

Well nice!! Another good job! Looks natural with lovel colour!

Cheers. I'll try and get a better photo of it at some point.

Stunning!!!

It all looks very healthy(plants & fish).

gorgeous . in fact i think i like this even more than your bigger tank ( which is stunning byt the way) i love the way its densely planted at the back with the nice open sand at the front.

Love it. Can see why you went with the platy's. I never seem to have much luck with them myself, could be where I got them from.

Stunning!!!

It all looks very healthy(plants & fish).

Cheers Skins.

gorgeous . in fact i think i like this even more than your bigger tank ( which is stunning byt the way) i love the way its densely planted at the back with the nice open sand at the front.

At this moment in time I'd agree but that's because my bigger tank got a big trim at the weekend and now looks pretty sparse :crazy: Thanks for the compliments Mark.

Love it. Can see why you went with the platy's. I never seem to have much luck with them myself, could be where I got them from.

Thanks. I never had any luck with guppies in the past so intended to steer clear of livebearers altogether. These are great though, hardy and healthy, no deaths and lots of babies.

how`d you get the sand so clean, i have black sand and no matter how much i vacuum its always dirty

how`d you get the sand so clean, i have black sand and no matter how much i vacuum its always dirty

I don't do anything special. External filter helps, weekly water change, cories. It's so much easier to keep dark sand clean than light.

I love that tank it loks ace. Why I can;t get mine something like that I don;t know!!!

Have you got any spare hygro plants? :blush:

Simon

I love that tank it loks ace. Why I can;t get mine something like that I don;t know!!!

Have you got any spare hygro plants? :blush:

Simon

Thanks Simon.

I'm always trimming and throwing cuttings away, I could probably save some next time if you really wanted but you can get this plant in pretty much any LFS and it's usually pretty cheap.

I'm thinking about trying to do an aquascape in this tank soon too so might have lots of excess Wisteria, watch this space :good:

the wisteria wood work in you tank Simon.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back