My 125 reef, step by step setup

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I got some new tank mates today :D

1 Clown fish (nemo)

1 Mandarin, Green gobie

1 Yellow Polyp Coral

1 Feather Duster Invert

I don't have a digital camera anymore but as soon as i can get one I'll post some pic's

great looking tank!!!

what was the set-up cost?

lol, more money than i'v ever had at one time!!! can you post a cost breakdown?

$4200 for 1 tank!!!!! :hyper:

I guess I will never have a saltwater tank... :/

Thanks for the compliments akhtar and akhtar :)

oazanki it took my some time to get this. Just have some patience and you can get their. You don't need to go this far, you can get something smaller and do a fish only. That would be allot cheaper.

Doggfather I'll try and do it by the weekend. I've got to gather up all the receipts.

Doggfather I'll try and do it by the weekend. I've got to gather up all the receipts.

Thanks Hazmat, i'm sort of considering a Reef Tank and it would be great to see where the money goes! i might also be able to save a few $$$ by buying some second-hand equipment, if i'm luckey...but still $4000 US is like $8000 Aus, lol

got some new fish today.... A Powder blue Tang and a Olive Tang. I still don't have a digital camera so i got this pic off the net for the powder tang. I can't find one for the olive tang.

Doggfather,
I'm still working on getting the price breakdown for you, I can't find my main receipt. My friend at the LFS is going to dig it up for me.
I'll let you know.

As soon as i can get a camera I'll post pic's of the updates.

Hazmat

Attachments

• pbtang.jpg
    pbtang.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 49
All i can say is wow...and you must have a VERY secure source of income! lol! Great tank man! GL wit it!

A Powder blue Tang and a Olive Tang

you MUST have a secure income, lol, those fish cost about $100 (Aus.) here!!!

thanks for doing all this work on my behalf...but who would give up an actual excuse to go to the lfS?

Doggfather said:
A Powder blue Tang and a Olive Tang

you MUST have a secure income, lol, those fish cost about $100 (Aus.) here!!!

thanks for doing all this work on my behalf...but who would give up an actual excuse to go to the lfS?
LOL...... You got that right, I go just for the hell of it at least once a week.

The powder blue was $55 US and the olive was $19 US :S

In the last year i have only seen 3 Powder blue tangs at my LFS but was never ready to get it, so when i saw him yesterday i jumped on it :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back