My 110G Marine Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pingu2013

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just thought I would share with you guys my marine tank. 

The tank is a 3ft x 3ft x 2ft 

5s4z.jpg

My fish
smile.png

I currently have a Yellow tang, Powder Blue tang, Fox face, 6 green chromis, fire fish, yellow cheek Goby, 2 tomato clowns, tuxedo urchin, algea blenny, peacock wrasse and a banana wrasse. Oww and some crabs.

bekz.jpg

zjhd.jpg

q3m3.jpg

u3yv.jpg

mhv4.jpg

7p65.jpg

For lighting. I have 2 x 150W metal Halide and 2 acting plus and 2 actinc tubes. Keeps British Gas happy.

Tank has been up and runnign for about 6 months changed from several smaller tanks.

And now the corals. Havent really pictured many of them 

zzsz.jpg

3kw5.jpg

op5r.jpg

6sqj.jpg

ql7x.jpg

vf48.jpg

AMAZING!!!!! I dont think I could ever pull off a salty aquarium, and yours looks great!

you be surprised how easy they are. The only problem is time to get the tank to look good you need a few months/years for corals to spread. Or a good credit card lol

I really like it! I have a salty and I have a couple questions for you. The corals that you have did you get them as small frags? If you did how long did it take for them to grow to a respectably size? I want to get more corals but I am wondering if its better to get the frags or go whole hog and try to get some that larger and more impressive? My tank is 55gl and I have a thread link in my signature if you would like to look at it. Yours is awesome though and I would love to do something like that.

Nice tank, would love to be able to convince the other half that we need a tank with that depth. Apparently they take up too much floor space.

stanleo said:
I really like it! I have a salty and I have a couple questions for you. The corals that you have did you get them as small frags? If you did how long did it take for them to grow to a respectably size? I want to get more corals but I am wondering if its better to get the frags or go whole hog and try to get some that larger and more impressive? My tank is 55gl and I have a thread link in my signature if you would like to look at it. Yours is awesome though and I would love to do something like that.
I had them at the size they are now.

I have a few zoas and i reckon they are growing about 4-5 heads a month.
My Montipora has grown about 1 inch in a month.
To be honest id rather by small frags of other members as you know they are normally good. or if they sell them large get them. 
The mushrooms and kenya trees grow best for me but i guess it all depends on the lighting
DrRob said:
Nice tank, would love to be able to convince the other half that we need a tank with that depth. Apparently they take up too much floor space.
They do indeed that why i got rid of my extra sofa :)
Corydoralover said:
That, my friend, is a nice salty tank 
yes.gif
Thank YOU :)

Do you have a tuxedo urchin? It looks like one from the picture but I can't exactly tell. If it is, where do you purchase it? Iv'e been looking for one! Very nice tank by the way! 

Loving the stocking in your tank :D considering adding a tang to my tank soon if i feel brave enough lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back