My 1 Week Old Platy Fry

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SarahMarie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My week old platy fry, just thought I'd post a pic. So cute :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 510
Well I'm not sure how many exactly cos when I brought the bag home with my female platy in there were 7 fry. I don't know if there had been any more before I got her. I think there's only 2 left now since I let them into the main tank (harsh I know but I don't want to be overrun with fry). They're in a 64 litre. I've got 6 fully grown platys as well :)

Very cute! I've got six 2 day old fry in my tank at the moment it's a nice fuzzy feeling :p 

D'awwwe. Its so cute! I have 6 myself right now :3 !

They start to get colour at around 2 weeks Robbo tho you might see a few spots appearing after a week or so.
Sarah, since this isn't the first time you've had live-bearers you'll be aware that the adult female will give birth every 4-5 weeks even without the continued presence of a male. They can save sperm packets to fertilise up to 6 batches of fry. So I think your policy of leaving them in the main tank is the best solution as only the fittest will survive and you won't be overrun. It also means a reasonably low increase in bio-load for the bacteria to accommodate.

See my fry were born Sunday (22-09-13) and they are already showing colours? What type of platy do you think they are? Mums my profile picture and we have a male red tuxedo.. Who has a high possibility of being the father

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 498
My little fry are only 3 days old and are a very vivid orange...I didn't think they got colour yet....?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back