Mutt guppies...

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Here's a video of my mutt tanks with mutt guppies in them.
All specimens that don't meet up the characteristics of that specific strain sufficiently, go into one of the mutt tank. They may crossbreed in there. On a regular basis, multiple guppies will be sold to stores and people who like to have them.

woah all those are so pretty!
do you have tips for starting a good Mutt colony?
Thank you. Well, always use healthy fish to start with. But that's basically all. As long as there's a balance in the tank, things should be okay.
very nice, how much do you sell them for?
Depends wether they go to a store or an another keeper. Mutt guppies will leave the room between € 0,50 - € 1,50 a piece. Completely different prices than those of a specific strain. But when mutt guppies are sold, they're sold in a group. When it comes to mutt guppies, I've never had someone over who just wanted one guppy.
There are people who want to pick out mutt guppies of their own choice and there are people who just say: Just catch me a bunch...

Thank you. Well, always use healthy fish to start with. But that's basically all. As long as there's a balance in the tank, things should be okay.

Depends wether they go to a store or an another keeper. Mutt guppies will leave the room between € 0,50 - € 1,50 a piece. Completely different prices than those of a specific strain. But when mutt guppies are sold, they're sold in a group. When it comes to mutt guppies, I've never had someone over who just wanted one guppy.
There are people who want to pick out mutt guppies of their own choice and there are people who just say: Just catch me a bunch...
Thanks

Wow, that's really cheap for some high-quality guppies...
the lowest here is 2.99 for any type of guppy
everything got raised by a dollar here...

Thanks

Wow, that's really cheap for some high-quality guppies...
the lowest here is 2.99 for any type of guppy
everything got raised by a dollar here...
Well, as long as I call them mutt guppies, they can leave for cheap. But I've got also strains of guppies that cost a lot more in comparison to mutt guppies. I'll grant someone else some nice looking mutt guppies for a fair price.

Well, as long as I call them mutt guppies, they can leave for cheap. But I've got also strains of guppies that cost a lot more in comparison to mutt guppies. I'll grant someone else some nice looking mutt guppies for a fair price.
how much is your most expensive strain?

is 5 $ a good amount for a high-quality male koi guppy?
(side question but i saw some RREA Double swordtails at the LFS and they were 10 $, is that reasonable?)

Note: Selling mutt guppies is just side business to me. I get more money paid for the High end guppies and the rest of my livebearers.

The most expensive ones I sell for € 30,00 a pair. I could go up with some but I just want customers to deal with a fair price.
An HQ koi guppy could even be worth more...
10$ for an RREA DS guppy could be a reasonable price depending on what kind of coloration and pattern it's got. For not every RREA DS guppy is worth that price.

Note: Selling mutt guppies is just side business to me. I get more money paid for the High end guppies and the rest of my livebearers.

The most expensive ones I sell for € 30,00 a pair. I could go up with some but I just want customers to deal with a fair price.
An HQ koi guppy could even be worth more...
10$ for an RREA DS guppy could be a reasonable price depending on what kind of coloration and pattern it's got. For not every RREA DS guppy is worth that price.
30 $ is a really fair price :)
oh it was not a guppy, it was a xiphophorus double swordtail that was fully bright blood-red and red eye

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back