Mushrooms Dying?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nick87

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My mushroom corals have been shriveled up for a few days now i can't work out why.

From the pics below you can see what i first thought were there insides coming out from there mouths but looking closer they appear to be seperate from the actual coral, are there any worms/bugs that prey on mushies?

All my others corals and stock is fine.

5047769167_78bbf8fd01_b.jpg

5048499122_446cba315b.jpg

What are your water stats? Also you don't happen to have clown fish do you? My clowns managed to kill a lot of my corals before they where moved to their own tank by hosting them.

What are your water stats? Also you don't happen to have clown fish do you? My clowns managed to kill a lot of my corals before they where moved to their own tank by hosting them.

Water stats are, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5ppm, PH 8.1.

I do have a clown but i have never seen it any where near the mushroom, the blood shrimp in the pic however is always on the rock with them.

Water stats are, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5ppm, PH 8.1.

I do have a clown but i have never seen it any where near the mushroom, the blood shrimp in the pic however is always on the rock with them.

Can you get your phosphate checked? If it was the clown you would definitely know it so that can be ruled out. Would say the shrimp is unlikely to damage it either.

My guesses would be high phosphates or it doesn't like the flow/light.

Cheers barney i'll get it checked.

Th reason i don't think it 's water quality is because all my other corals are fine and mushies are ment to be bomb proof.

I'll also try moving it around the tank, altho it was fine where it is for a month before.

Nick

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back