Mudskippers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CANFORD

Reaction score
Dear all

At my school we have a large (300 litre) brackish water tanks we have planted up with mangrove and we currently have some great archer fish in it which are fantastic.  I'd really like to get some mudskippers as they are very interesting and would be really useful for teaching about evolution.  Des anyone know where I could get some from the uk?

Thanks very much

I haven't seen them or any other Brackish Fish around in a while.  Be careful when stocking them though - the Indian Dwarf Mudskipper should be ok in multiples as long as you get them in a decent number, say 5 or 6+ but P Barbarus will annihilate any tank mates.

I also would recommend a species only tank for Mudskippers because they spend nearly all of their time out of the water and they should really be able to crawl in and out easily.

I've kept both Archers & Mudskippers in the past and I've got to say that they are my favourite fish to keep, Archers because of their looks and spitting ability and Mudskippers because of their stunning dorsal fins and they are so personable - I had a P Barbarus that used to jump at me when I opened the top of the tank to feed him - he latched onto my finger a few times as well, they have a strong bite!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back