MTS recipe help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

RunRedRunner

Reaction score
I have a 40lb bag of black top soil. I believe itā€™s 6 year old compost mixed with delta top soil. I sifted to a real fine dirt. I added 2 parts of worm castings to 9 parts dirt.
I donā€™t know how accurate the info is on Dustinā€™s Fishtank but he recommends a pound of red clay for every 20 gallons of water.

Last but not least how much potash are people adding?

MTS recipe help

If you are cooking Malaysian Trumpet Snails, then use 500mls of water, garlic, onions, chives, celery, potatoe, tomatoe, some fish fillets and then add the snails. Bring it to the boil then throw it away coz snails taste gross.

What is this thread about?

Try get peoples take on my recipe maybe, and trying to find out how much potash and red clay for iron people are using in their dirt tanks.

I kept searching and only found to dust the bottom of tank with the potash before adding dirt and the cap. You donā€™t want the roots to come in direct contact with the potash my guess.

so what does your MTS stand for?

MTS = multiple tank syndrome
MTS = Malaysian trumpet snails (aka Malaysain livebearing snail)

MTS= magnificent tank substrate ;)

On the issue of mineralized soil in the aquarium...you are really asking for disaster here. You cannot have fish in this tank for at least six months, but given what is going in to the "soil" I would never put fish in this tank. Maybe that is your aim, a planted tank that is just a beautiful aquatic garden with no fish, and this is fine, but please make it clear so we can advise more reliably.

Oops, my bad. You were the one asking the question. Sorry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back