MTS gathering

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I chucked in some algae waffles for the bristle nose and shrimp and my MTS are all over each other trying to get to the waffle! My first photo got photobombed from one of my bristles but you can see one of my shrimps with her little eggs.

A742382B-6401-4801-86CA-B22EC75E596D.jpeg
9DCC9D35-DC80-40EC-872A-6420084E8C22.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow they really like it, what brand of algae wafer did you use? I bought some and my mystery snails ignored it and went after my plants:mad: I never saw my shrimp go after it either.

Wow they really like it, what brand of algae wafer did you use? I bought some and my mystery snails ignored it and went after my plants:mad: I never saw my shrimp go after it either.
I use Tetra brand algae wafers, and they work just fine for me. If they don’t eat it, you can try to blanch some cucumbers or zucchini’s. When I first got my snails, they wouldn’t eat anything except vegetables. After a while, I weened them off of veggies, and onto wafers. If they don’t eat either, they’ll eventually either 1(. Die of starvation or 2(
. Learn to eat what you provide. (Don’t take #1 seriously, just a joke. :)) Good luck! :)

As to the OP, mine do that all the time. Same thing with my Blue Rams Horn Snails. My pleco has sort of a hang out spot and I chuck one down there for him to nibble on and a few minutes later, over 60 snails are on that one wafer. It just takes time and experience to learn how quickly the snails will get there, and what time of day to him your pleco. :)

I use Tetra brand algae wafers, and they work just fine for me. If they don’t eat it, you can try to blanch some cucumbers or zucchini’s. When I first got my snails, they wouldn’t eat anything except vegetables. After a while, I weened them off of veggies, and onto wafers. If they don’t eat either, they’ll eventually either 1(. Die of starvation or 2(
. Learn to eat what you provide. (Don’t take #1 seriously, just a joke. :)) Good luck! :)

As to the OP, mine do that all the time. Same thing with my Blue Rams Horn Snails. My pleco has sort of a hang out spot and I chuck one down there for him to nibble on and a few minutes later, over 60 snails are on that one wafer. It just takes time and experience to learn how quickly the snails will get there, and what time of day to him your pleco. :)
Tetra brand is what I have using too.:confused: I watched them go right over both algae and cory wafers and keep going like they were not even there.:mad: My corys would eat just a little and leave most of the wafer to rot. I just tried Wardley shrimp pellets for bottom feeders and my corys loved it not sure on the snail. I separated the 2 snails after all the damage they were doing to my plants. One is in a new tank with nothing else but some floating plants maybe I will put both in there and only feed them the wafers. I had given them some carrot peelings and they loved it. I guess no more veggies for them. So you have a snail tank.

The MTS will eat anything I put in their not fussy, I will have days my chestnut MS will eat the waffles but the golden MS won’t eat them at all. They eat the shrimp mix I have instead which I get from a shrimp breeder with includes snow,barley,crumble,alfalfa.

I use spirulina algae wafers. I buy them in bulk 1kg bags. It’s all Australian made

Yeah they have got senses on them like no other and will find food instantly. My little guys (pleco’s) will mow over them giving their shells a clean and then have a good feed on the waffle when they hit it. No shyness with them at all except my newbie albino male, he’s a little timid and keeps to himself so I wait until they are all over the other food and then feed him

On the cucumber.

Attachments

• E3FE21C7-4FAF-4413-973D-7A30845A403F.jpeg
    E3FE21C7-4FAF-4413-973D-7A30845A403F.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 73
Their sure are all over that.:) I dropped in a couple of the algae wafers by the snail in isolation and he has started eating them. Nothing like solitary confinement to bring out the old appetite :D

My little convoy over the food this morning.. poor little shrimps have been fighting the snails for their food ahaha

Attachments

• 063B7040-F680-41DC-8C33-B8681C7F8A37.jpeg
    063B7040-F680-41DC-8C33-B8681C7F8A37.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 138EB3CF-64DB-4CAB-8839-4951DBEF9717.jpeg
    138EB3CF-64DB-4CAB-8839-4951DBEF9717.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 65
Good way to spot a dead fish in the tank too. Pile of snails= something edible under them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back