Msobo

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

aqua monster

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys i'm thinking of selling off all my malawis and setting up a tank of MSOBO only. Would this work if i kept around 15 to 20 of them with no femals.? Or would it be best to keep femals in the mixs

Not extremely studied but MSOBO are from what I've read Metriaclima sp. that puts em in the same category as Red Zebra (Maylandia estherae or Metriaclima estherae)
Tank setup, PH,etc all the same so treat stocking and care as a Mbuna tank I would think.

Thank you, I already have a breeding pair in my tank, I leave the babies in there and the ones who make it i leave them to grow and fit in with other tank mates. so far i have 2 male babies who are just changing colour and 3 female babies along with the breeding pair. I really like these fish and would like to sell on my other malawis and just keep a tank of these 30 to 40 im thinking. :good:

johnsfish120.jpg

johnsfish126.jpg

johnsfish125.jpg

fish013.jpg

30-40.. ? tank dimensions? large as hell I hope.

Awesome looking specimens. no obvious red flags. So I'm assuming proper filtration / care.

5.5" average If I'm not mistaken.
Also inbreeding is a slight no no (brother to sister= NO! father to daughter maybe) so maybe trade a few out to keep the line viable.

I'm at a loss as little detailed Info on tank etc.

Hi Tank size ia Juwel 450 Vision running 2 Tetra Tec 1200, i have around 40 to 50 mixed in there at the min and no deaths so everything seems ok. Tank been running for 2 years now.
fish039.jpg

Newtank010.jpg

fish048.jpg

Ok so bear with as I'm across that big #17##### lake. .. that's a 100 gallon plus?
Well then your seeming golden. :good:
Now I am a tad jealous of a few (from rough identification, or / and quality of stock) you have that I cant secure.
Obviously attentive as your fish show result of great care!!
Not much more I could add to this then personally but to ask, Please keep us up to date. and post more stellar pics!!!
And wish I was in anyway close enough to help you in the sell off.
Spectacular looking presentation of Rift lake Fish.

That last Picture.. "Feeding time" is my favorite. :wub:

Ok so bear with as I'm across that big #17##### lake. .. that's a 100 gallon plus?
Well then your seeming golden. :good:
Now I am a tad jealous of a few (from rough identification, or / and quality of stock) you have that I cant secure.
Obviously attentive as your fish show result of great care!!
Not much more I could add to this then personally but to ask, Please keep us up to date. and post more stellar pics!!!
And wish I was in anyway close enough to help you in the sell off.
Spectacular looking presentation of Rift lake Fish.

That last Picture.. "Feeding time" is my favorite. :wub:

Hi Thank you, Yes there are some lovely fish in the tank and they all get on very well with each other would be a shame to spilt them up. Shame your not closer....
For sure i will upload new pics as i go, Feeding time is crazy you would think i never feed them the way they splas about.
What tank and fish do you have?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back