MR. Sticky's underwater glue

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

vantgE

I know you agree
Reaction score
I bought some of this underwater glue at a fish store, to re-stick my previously siliconed rockplie toghether as i tore it apart to catch my fish. The lfs worker said it was fish safe and their is a picture of a fish in an aquarium with a checkmark beside it on the package. However, the glue is an eye and skin irratant, and is harmfull if swallowed.

Is this fish safe, as in aplieing it underwater with fish in the tank?
As it is likely that the packege means aquarium safe once dry as did the store worker. :/

http://www.a-a-i.net/underwater.htm

Seems to me that if you don't use it as an eye wash, condiment, hand lotion, or breath its burning fumes (the Materia Data Safty Sheet was a little scary) it should be fine. It can not leagally say aquarium safe if it is not. It does not appear to be a wet-bonding glue, so it seems you have to apply it to dry surfaces and let it cure. However, the directions on the packacge will say for certain.

\Dan

It is a wet bonding glue acording to the package i'm just afraid the uncured form is unsafe for fish, If I can't use it then my tank is basicly ruined forever

I need to put the rocks back in

If the rocks are already out and presumable dry, cant you just assemble them out of the water, let the glue cure and then add the rocks back? Or is there some particular arrangement you wnat that needs to be assembed in the tank?

I don't know how worried I would be, unless your fish eat the glue or rub against it, I can't see them being harmed. If you don't leave the glue exposed where the fish can get at it, you should be fine.

\Dan

Some rocks are in thhe tank and can't be removed so that sand doesn't get under it,
Thanks dan what you said makes sense I have sent an email to the company so I'll wait a few days and use it if there is no reply

Is it possible that the glue is corrosive, bot not soluble on water? Water insolubility seems the only way to make an underwater glue that I can think of... so unless your fish actually touch the glue... it won't dissolve into the water and poison them, anyway. Just a thought.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back