Moving to South Carolina soon…

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Moving saltwater fish... I won't even try to keep them in a stable tank!

I moved a tank of rummy nose tetras 10 hours once. It was going great only a deer ran out and when we braked (in time), the fish hit a wall, so to speak. I have bagged fish ever since.
Keep saltwater fish is much easier than most people think. Keeping coral on the other hand? That’s a whole different story…

Mmmmm ok, so it's really just deciding what to do with the pleco, plants, and shrimp then?

I don't do SW so I cannot address your clowns and anemone. But for the rest , bag it. I bag and ship fish that have taken two days to arrive alive. When driving them you can overbag and do not need to add any air changed/adde along the way. In fact, you can leave the fish in unopened bags for over 24 hours. Just be sure there is at least 50% air in the bag and double bag them. Fixh in buckets can slam in a hard bucket wall. Bagged in a styro with some padding and they fare better.

Filer media need to be kept moist as does substrate. Plants can be wrapped in wet newspaper and bagged with an ounce or two of water.

Finally, this stand cill hold your 29 on top and 20L on the bottom. Titaneze makes dual tank stands that hold similar footprint stand over and under. a 29 and 20L are the same footprint. I did a quick search:
Walmart has it for $57.24. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Caitec-Titaneze-20-29-Gallon-Tank-Stand/30500863

Mmmmm ok, so it's really just deciding what to do with the pleco, plants, and shrimp then?
Yes. Main thing right now is space. The room I’m moving into is much smaller than my current room, meaning I will have a lot less room for my tanks. I definitely won’t be setting up my 5g or 10g when I move in, but I’ll still keep the tanks.

I would also have to get a stand for both, taking up more space.

I don't do SW so I cannot address your clowns and anemone. But for the rest , bag it. I bag and ship fish that have taken two days to arrive alive. When driving them you can overbag and do not need to add any air changed/adde along the way. In fact, you can leave the fish in unopened bags for over 24 hours. Just be sure there is at least 50% air in the bag and double bag them. Fixh in buckets can slam in a hard bucket wall. Bagged in a styro with some padding and they fare better.

Filer media need to be kept moist as does substrate. Plants can be wrapped in wet newspaper and bagged with an ounce or two of water.

Finally, this stand cill hold your 29 on top and 20L on the bottom. Titaneze makes dual tank stands that hold similar footprint stand over and under. a 29 and 20L are the same footprint. I did a quick search:
Walmart has it for $57.24. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Caitec-Titaneze-20-29-Gallon-Tank-Stand/30500863
Thanks for the tips. I don’t know if I’m comfortable with the bottom tank being that close to the ground, as it will be on carpet.

When I need to have an under tank higher above the floor I put a riser under the stand. You can see this in the pic below for kast years summer tanks. but I also have similar risers on permanent tanks. The middle stand )40b/20L) is a Titaneze. I just chose not to put a 36x18 tank on the bottom. The stand on the left (50/20L) is an angle iron I painted white and it needs a smaller size under tank. The stand on the right (50/20L) is home made and was not designed to hold a same footprint tank underneath.
IMG_1664.JPG

The above pic was shot when I was running the bio-farm on the top tank on the far right. I cycled all the filters for these tanks there. the other tanks had not been filled yet.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back