Moving Old Tank To New Tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
think she eat all her fry :( did i do something roung?

No, you didn't do anything wrong. That's what the fish will do! If you have cover for the fry they can try to hide from the others, but the truth is that the survival rate of fry is very low.

That's why I advised that you not worry so much about the fry, and just focus on the ammonia. The ammonia is something that you can actually have some manner of control over. The fry... they are pretty much on their own. Even when you do everything thing that you can to save them, there are still so many factors related to their survival that you aren't in control. The best thing to do for fry is to put the mother into a planted tank before she gives birth, then get her out as soon as you realize that she did. The plants do two things, they provide cover for the fry, so that they aren't stressed by being out in the open, and secondly, the plants house many microorganisms that the fry can eat to survive, even if you don't give them any food right away.

I would just focus on the cycle for now, and worry about fry once the danger has passed.

thankyou both! after all day playing with this crap heater that came with the tank! i whent out and bort a new one so the temp was fne i have put the old media into the new pump and iv swoped the fish only just now........ so now i check water daily and change water when neeeded? i set her free now anyways she eat them all poor things i should of saved the one fry never mind

they look happyer in there too ahaha cant help thinking there lost lol sooo much room!

Lol. Yes that is correct, just be ready to do large 50%+ daily water changes. However you can already see nitrites so hopefully not too long now.

Keep us posted :)

yeah will do hope i dont have to do such alarge watter change! but we will see :D first thing ill be doing tomorrow s check on them! i can see me having alot of tanks my misses aint going to be happy lol i have a tank comeing from my gran how ever n cycle needed for them :D good times

I know. My missus is having a go at me. Anytime I see a tank I'm like Oooo lol. And shes like no!!

We got a 50 litre tank from her dad, and already have a 125 litre as well I still want more. It's such an addictive hobby!

Oh I went to maidenhead aquatics in st Albans today. The amount of fish amazed me haha!!

im with you on this one haaaa!!!

yeah ill have 3 in here my mum is after a tank mmmm mite keep all 3 buy her a new one lol

i have this thing were i wanna go bigger and biger so i can have more fish lol

she seems ok with it only space is a ishu i think im going to have to make my own stand to house all 3 tanks

im off to wharf aquatics some time this week i could speand all my cash in there and be happy about it whats that all about! lol

Yeh exactly. I just saw a rio 180 on here. Gunna beg missus to let me get it. But where to put it?

I could put it in the hall :). A nice focal point when we get in hehe

i cant there a platie in a net giveing birth well holding on to em i recon she is flapping in one spot trying i think

What good will that be when her and the babies die of ammonia poisoning? You have to get the ammonia to 0, this isn't something that can wait. You have to do more water changes my dear or your fish are going to die.

I think he's got it now. :good:

Yeh exactly. I just saw a rio 180 on here. Gunna beg missus to let me get it. But where to put it?

I could put it in the hall :). A nice focal point when we get in hehe

lmao yes i agreee mate it would be a verrry goot dec for the hall :nod:

i cant there a platie in a net giveing birth well holding on to em i recon she is flapping in one spot trying i think

What good will that be when her and the babies die of ammonia poisoning? You have to get the ammonia to 0, this isn't something that can wait. You have to do more water changes my dear or your fish are going to die.

i think we sorted that earlyer on in this but thanks for your input :D

Yeah, it sounds all sorted doesn't it lol. Always glad to lend a helping hand :)

the white platie i have a q about when a silver shark comes near it or it goes to a silver shark aka bala shark it flaps its tail and puts its bk end to wards it is it trying to mate with them? it is the one who was giveing birth to the fry......... also swiming as if when its tail gose side to side its head dose too! anyone know why? i could do a video as well

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back