Moving fry to big tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aquariumuse

Reaction score
Just wanted to share for anyone whose curious as to when it’s okay to move your fry out of the fry tank... 1st Pic:: I have some ranging from 1 day-3 weeks old. I usually move them out when they’re 3 months btw.

I’m moving some of them tomorrow into the bigger tank with their parents. I make sure that they don’t fit in their parents mouths:: so I move them according to size and then I keep an eye on them for the first day just to make sure no one is bullying them. If I notice them getting pecked at... I move them back into the fry tank for another week. All my fry live together & get along from ages newborn-3-4 months old. If you want to keep them all together, just provide enough hiding spots and a spacious tank for them to not feel overcrowded.

1F66F073-260E-4C63-A58E-3C45C40285DA.jpeg

Attachments

• 27E60BCE-12EE-4171-8670-D4F1A05E181B.jpeg
    27E60BCE-12EE-4171-8670-D4F1A05E181B.jpeg
    371.6 KB · Views: 49
Just wanted to share for anyone whose curious as to when it’s okay to move your fry out of the fry tank... 1st Pic:: I have some ranging from 1 day-3 weeks old. I usually move them out when they’re 3 months btw.

I’m moving some of them tomorrow into the bigger tank with their parents. I make sure that they don’t fit in their parents mouths:: so I move them according to size and then I keep an eye on them for the first day just to make sure no one is bullying them. If I notice them getting pecked at... I move them back into the fry tank for another week. All my fry live together & get along from ages newborn-3-4 months old. If you want to keep them all together, just provide enough hiding spots and a spacious tank for them to not feel overcrowded.

View attachment 136133
yeah, move the big ones, the tiny guys might get eaten
the attatched black guppy looks exactly like mine!!!
exept mine are dumbo :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back