Moving fish...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Anonyfish

Reaction score
I recently set up a new 60 litre fish tank which is cycling .

I currently have a pair of German Blue Rams in an 110 litre community tank that I was thinking about moving in to this new tank, with 8 Rummeynose and 5 Oto cats.

I had initially planned to move different fish from another tank in there, but my Rams are in a tank with Neon Tetra so I keep the tank at 26c, but I am aware that this is too high for Neon’s, and too low for the Rams, so I wanted to move the rams to a tank set up for them with a higher temp.

I can see on aqadvisor this is 85% stocked, so my main concern is whether it is bad to move the rams to a smaller tank? I can then move all my fish to the 110 litre and lower the temperature.

Seems to me, as long as your water quality parameters of the tow tanks are similiar it shouldn't be a problem, other than less real estate for the Rams, go for it. but you might want to hold back the other fish till after the Rams are climatized to the tank.

Seems to me, as long as your water quality parameters of the tow tanks are similiar it shouldn't be a problem, other than less real estate for the Rams, go for it. but you might want to hold back the other fish till after the Rams are climatized to the tank.
Great thank you. I will definitely hold off adding all the fish at once, however I was thinking of adding the Rams last only for the sake of letting the tank get established before they go in their so the water can become stable.

The parameters are very similar, the only thing is the new tank is slightly lower in ph so at about 6.6 which is actually better for them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back