Moving betta from Soft to Hard Water?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I was looking at something similar earlier on in the day, though granted it was nowhere near as complex as the one you sent, it was only one phase of filtering. I've found quite a few, some look fancier than others but I'll do research on which one to get. some are as low as 40 yet others are around 600-700, so I'll need to know what I'm looking into. I guess something like this will make the water quality better for drinking too, which would be nice, I like drinking water.
Well, if the have the DI cartridge on it, you can’t drink the water, it’s unsafe. The DIT cartridge removes any sediment from the water, making it even cleaner.

I only use this for my saltwater tank, and it provides clean water for my fish and coral.

Well, if the have the DI cartridge on it, you can’t drink the water, it’s unsafe. The DIT cartridge removes any sediment from the water, making it even cleaner.

I only use this for my saltwater tank, and it provides clean water for my fish and coral.

I'm guessing the DI cartridge would be compulsory to reduce the overall GH too huh? oh well my drinking water can wait, as long as the fish is good all is well. I'll get reading up on the different RO/DI's now. It'll give me something to do with the night haha

I’ve been to Maidenhead Aquatics this morning and the prices for RO water are: 10 ltrs £1.30 and 25 ltrs £3.00. The containers are £6.99 and £11.99 respectively.
If Maidenhead Aquatics is a long drive, Google aquarium shops and find something nearer, the local independent also sold RO water although I don’t know what they charged.

I’ve been to Maidenhead Aquatics this morning and the prices for RO water are: 10 ltrs £1.30 and 25 ltrs £3.00. The containers are £6.99 and £11.99 respectively.
If Maidenhead Aquatics is a long drive, Google aquarium shops and find something nearer, the local independent also sold RO water although I don’t know what they charged.
Buying an RO/DI system is well worth it in the long run, as opposed to buying jugs of it.

Hey @Shiverz
To put it clearly Betta wants :
ph 6-7
GH and KH below 8.
Temp. 25°C
Jungle of plants.
Dim light.

Buying an RO/DI system is well worth it in the long run, as opposed to buying jugs of it.
It possibly is, but not everyone will have the space (not sure how much is needed) or that much money upfront. The OP is moving from a soft water area to a very hard water area and needs a cheap, short term fix.

what, they're not big and small units aren't expensive
@PheonixKingZ suggested a good one, depending on your tank size
It possibly is, but not everyone will have the space (not sure how much is needed) or that much money upfront. The OP is moving from a soft water area to a very hard water area and needs a cheap, short term fix.
Yes, the one I mentioned is very small and affordable. Plus, you can get RO water whenever you want, instead of having to drive all the way to your LFS to get some.

Yes, the one I mentioned is very small and affordable. Plus, you can get RO water whenever you want, instead of having to drive all the way to your LFS to get some.
The one you mention is on the American site and not currently available. The UK does have them from about £55. I’m a bit confused though, it says pure water:waste water was 1:2, so does that mean for every 1 gallon of RO water you make you waste 2 gallons? If so, if you are on a water meter it may not work out much cheaper (but it will be ‘in tap’).

RO units do waste a lot of water, the proportion of RO to waste varies with the make/type of unit.

RO units do waste a lot of water, the proportion of RO to waste varies with the make/type of unit.
I agree. You pretty much waste 2x more water than you get purified.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back