Moving Ahead

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I think you are all going to have to face the fact that you wont get straight answers and certainly not on the open forum.

Whats done is done and it cant be changed, can't be undone. Someone at the top massively underestimated what a close community this one was and with one person making a mistake, their has been a massive fallout.

It was just one mistake and its snowballed from there, now the mods have mostly all left feeling angry, hurt and let down and the new staff are probably wondering where the heck it all went wrong!

Like I said, nothing can be undone and attacking the new staff won't help anyone, if this forum is to survive, we all need to move on. If you cant get the answers you need or cant move on... go to another forum... its not like the address hasn't been plastered everywhere...

Or you could just be adults and speak to admin privately and actually get the answers you want?!

I'm not at all impressed with whats gone on and if anything... I'm not advocating the way this situation has been handled at all but there is no point in being childish about it.

That is all i guess, its just dissapointing to see the way members have been treated so far but then I see responses like the ones above and cant help feeling embarrassed!

SEVEN long years MBOU.......think about it........seven long years through stupidity and ill judgement helping others to the detriment of my family....Check the post counts
The question was a simple one............

It is a simpleone mate and you definately deserve an answer, I definately agree with you there!! But there is ways and means of getting answers when its been made clear they won't answer on the open forums.. surely the sensible thing to do would be to move to PM and ask?

I do get you! But not everything needs to be aired on the open forums... its onething for all the members caught up in this but what about the new members? They don't need to see this and they dont need to be scared away, consider how many fish might suffer if newbies cant get the help they need to learn to care for their fish?

Thanks for removing the adverts :good:

I really hope we can move forward from here on. I've been really sad the last days, I want this forum to recover and be the place again that it has once been.

Let me get this straight here....Google is running the ads...Hmmmmmmmmmmm and they make the profit.
Correct. Google shares revenue of ads with the owner of the site. Look up for "adsense" and read about it.

You mis-interpreted quote two......If you dont know why I was stood down and Ludwig didn't know why I was stood down and there was no disscussion or topic raised in Mod Chat then someone acted alone.....do you get it now......
I had not gone when this decision was made so nobody can state that I left as an excuse
I think I answered you about it. We were under the impression EVERYONE is checking off.

[font="Verdana][quote]I think I answered you about it. We were under the impression EVERYONE is checking off.[/quote] [/font][/color]
[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]Pretty Lame....ARE YOU SAYING YOU PUSHED THE DEMOTE BUTTON THEN
[/font]
[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]SO YOU DID NOT FOLLOW PROTOCOL
[/color][/font][font="Verdana] [/font]

Ah so you are making money via Adsense......I must have a word with GOOGLE then
still a lucrative little earner for yourselves whilst we did all the work to get the forum to that stage though dont you think.

[font="Verdana] [/font]If you read the above...they have made contact but nothing is new.............asked me how I was whats the weather like...usual feel good questions.
Reality is a forum is for open consultation and debate...I raised this issue and I will stick with it......
As for scaring members away then the Admins and Mods should have had more integrity than to make this a mis managed mash that its become
There are not many at the top 3 or 4 are left......so protocol sugessts that this would be aired in MOD CHAT (an unseen forum for mods only)
Apparently there is no mention prior as Ludwig had to raise the topic.
Now that said
Ludwig has no idea and still wants me and Lizette amongst others to remain friends because of the bond we formed.
Avive...Dont know me and cannot comment on my integrity
so who's left................That someone acted rogue and took it upon themselves to make a decision without following proper proceedure.
So..........lets get to the nitty gritty guys

Pretty Lame....ARE YOU SAYING YOU PUSHED THE DEMOTE BUTTON THEN
SO YOU DID NOT FOLLOW PROTOCOL

Exactly. Specifically, it was one of my admins (=people who do tech work), but you can view it as me.

Ah so you are making money via Adsense......I must have a word with GOOGLE then
still a lucrative little earner for yourselves whilst we did all the work to get the forum to that stage though dont you think.
I'm not really sure what I should reply to this comment. Have a word with Google. Start your own forum. Buy a site. Do whatever you feel is right.

I would happily still see you as mod... but if you honestly aren't able to stay calm and think of the forum as a whole when things go wrong...

Yes... forums are for open discussion... but there is still a case of appropriate and inappropriate conversations to have.

I don't understand what Inchworm has or hasn't done and more to the point, why they havent felt it necessary to talk to anyone about it... or if its even them that has been the problem...

But seriously... be the sensible person we have all come to know and respect! Posting angrily like this just isn't doing yourself any favours.

I have received your email.
I cannot help but think you are taking the bullets for someone else................what happens now
Do I get re-instated because of mis management practices please advise

I have received your email.
I cannot help but think you are taking the bullets for someone else................what happens now
Do I get re-instated because of mis management practices please advise
That's an option. Yes. As with some of the other mods. There are other options too.

I would happily still see you as mod... but if you honestly aren't able to stay calm and think of the forum as a whole when things go wrong...

Yes... forums are for open discussion... but there is still a case of appropriate and inappropriate conversations to have.

I don't understand what Inchworm has or hasn't done and more to the point, why they havent felt it necessary to talk to anyone about it... or if its even them that has been the problem...

But seriously... be the sensible person we have all come to know and respect! Posting angrily like this just isn't doing yourself any favours.

Been silent mostly, but BigC has a proper gripe, and it should be aired in public. What has and is going on is shabby at best.
MBOU, if you don't know what went on read up, at least what Inchworm hasn't deleted, acting like a petulant 4 yr. old screaming "I'm not your friend no more!"
Others have said things in anger and apologized, I commend them for that. Some are just twerps that need banning each time they pop up.
But, as this is a community, and some ways a family, and sometimes the whole family needs to know.
As for the ads, too many members got foriegn bride ads to be explained away as it has.
I thank Ludwig and the others for sticking around and all thier hard work.

sorry but i had to final speak up, i have been watching whats going on, quietly in the back ground. i have been on this place for five years, but also run a kin on a mmorpg. sometimes you just have to accept things as they are and move on. i honestly believe avive and alwas who is on vacation are trying to have to just do there jobs. working in the service retail industry i can sympathies. they are more then likely just workers in a much larger chain of command. i see NO reason to try an make their lives miserable to make a point.
Big c you deserve you answer...however you do not have the right to be abusive to them or others. despite your great knowledge what i have just witnessed over the last few threads is nothing short of abuse. if you were in my own kin i wouldn't give a crap over how much you knew you would be gone and out of my kin. you have repeatably reminded ppl that this is a family friendly forum...well i must say i wouldn't want my own kids seeing how everyone has been acting.

look whats done is done, mods left and likely gone for good, they have happily set up a new home, you can choose to follow them and share your knowledge over there, or stay here and work to rebuild tff (or split your time between place as i plan on doing)

as for the ads, almost every site i have been on has them, the fact they have been of tff for some long is a testament, i applaud the new staff though for taking the concerns of the members to heart and remove them. may i suggest if you are looking to make money here look for sponsors what follow with in our own family friendly setting and who may also support out hobby. (ie fish suppliers marineland)

on a personal note i hope our bad behavior doesn't turn avive and alwas off fish keeping, i hope that our enthusiasm towards the hobby eventually spreads to you, and you don't have nightmares of khuli with torches and pitchforks at your door.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back