Movies You Shouldn't Watch Before Bed

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I am Legend is a modern version of a similar movie done in the 60s starring Charlton Heston (at least I think that's who it was). He survived a plague that wiped out most of the people. And the ones it didn't kill mutated and hid in dark places. He obviously went a little nuts being by himself but he drove some cool cars around.

What gets me are the scary movies that make you think, the ones that lead up to the violence and then cut way leaveing only the sound and letting your brain do the work. As for "The Ring" my ex girlfriend went and jumped in the pool and then ran up to my old roommates room and dropped a textbook to wake him up and walked slowly into his room late one night after we all saw it for the first time .... man I have never heard a more girly or shrill freaked scream, and hes a big guy.

I used to love the Hellraiser films for horror, even more so, the early ones, although the first two look pretty crappy nowadays.

As for the ultimately bed time film, I would suggest the polar express, christmas eve, just before bedtime. My fiance and I do this every year, it is a lovely, family film.

On the subject of zombies, who wants to see Diary of the Dead when it comes out?
I don't, I think it looks stupid!
Cheers,
GobyMaster
Are you dumb? I have to see this! Do you know who the director is?! George Romero. The George Romero. The guy who invented zombie movies. Ever watch Night of the Living Dead? Directed by him. It's classic.

I know, I've seen plenty of Romero's stuff, and I think that they are incredible, but for some reason, Diary of the Dead doesn't really look like my cup of tea.
And yes, I've seen Night of the Living Dead, and yes, it is classic!
Cheers,
GobyMaster

I can't believe it hasnt already been mentioned but the only film that has ever actually scared me is The Thing, i watched it some years ago when we were house sitting for a friend to look after their dog, that night the dog started whining after we had gone to bed because it wanted to go out in the garden and i swear it took me half an hour to get myself down the stairs even with the lights on :lol:

I can't believe it hasnt already been mentioned but the only film that has ever actually scared me is The Thing, i watched it some years ago when we were house sitting for a friend to look after their dog, that night the dog started whining after we had gone to bed because it wanted to go out in the garden and i swear it took me half an hour to get myself down the stairs even with the lights on :lol:

lol I almost forgot about that movie..wow! Definatly one of the classics :good:

You know what is probably the worst horror movie ever? Dark Water. I swear. The commercials were good, but the movie sucked. I was so freakin bored. Nothing scary at all. Everything was predictable. I'm disapointed I paid money to see that movie.

Most shows are predictable these days. Its unfortunate but many people can work out what is going on shortly into the film. Comedy is the same. It is all the same stuff and only rarely do you see something different, unusual and interesting.
Now the movie I want to make is gonna be gross, gruesome and gory. It's called "All about my life". There won't be any cutting away from the nasty bits and it will be 18+ and have people freaking out all over the place.

Bwahahahaha

I might even put a couple of clowns in the shower for everyone on here :wizard:

Steady rose red I have that on dvd like the mansion.
My son watched it and he said it was laughable when the house started to grow, he said it was pathetic.
Didn't scare me to much.
Also bought kingdom hospital on dvd by stephen king, that was stupid, it only got good towards the end when it was wrapping the film up.
The first film I ever watched that terrified me was the exorcist and the omen, but watch them today now and they don't seem to scare so much as they did back in the seventies.

My daugher lent me the full set of nightmare on elm street, never got passed half and hour on the first one as I thought it was stupid so didn't bother watching anymore

Yeah but when i watched it, i had the ugliest grilfriend possible and she kept walking in front of the tv :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back