Mouse Infestation! :| Heeelllpppp!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

aly_starh

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Ok, so a few months back, we noticed a mouse, he had made 'a home' under the graden shed. We trapped him succesfully, then a few weeks had past and we saw another adult. We also tried trapping it but it was too sly and got away. :shifty: :angry:

Now, as its winter Alfie has been living inside, and we just noticed about 6 baby mice running havoc around his hutch. He has a 2-storey hutch and they have made a nest on the top floor with alfies straw :crazy: . What do i do????
I dont want to kill, them but im afraid i will have to.

Milo is no use as he has been rehomed due to attacking Alfie. They have been fine for nearly 2 years, but he snapped. :( :( :( :( I still get to see him though as he lives with my cousin,
anyhoo getting back to the question, how do i get rid of them?? :grr:

Edit: Alfie-rabbit
Milo-Cat
Mouse-The pesky Mice that i need to get rid of! :lol:

If you want to get rid of them you will have to kill them I'm afraid, either that or try to trap the mother and relocate them outside somewhere although there is a risk she wil abandon them all. I'm suprised your rabbit hasn't killed them yet? you will need to attach finer mesh to your hutch so they can't get back in and block any holes you find in your house that they may have got in through also.

Alfie moved inside on Bonfire night, and has been inside ever since. So he has not seen them, we just noticed the babies in his hutch today. :crazy:

The Pest Control people said they will ring back, no luck yet. Someone has gone out to get traps though :sad:

There is defos none in the house as the door is always closed since we found the first one.

:sick:

Ok dokey, so got a call back from pest control, they said the bedding in Alfies hutch is a food source for them :/

We have set 4 traps with Alfies chocolate drops, and also pink poison :crazy: I saw 2 babies eating 1 bit each. No traps gone off yet though, there sly like there parents :angry:

Ok dokey, so got a call back from pest control, they said the bedding in Alfies hutch is a food source for them :/

We have set 4 traps with Alfies chocolate drops, and also pink poison :crazy: I saw 2 babies eating 1 bit each. No traps gone off yet though, there sly like there parents :angry:
Apparntly.

Rats can climb in through pipes and live inside walls or something...

I heard a story that once a Rat used the sewage pipes and climbed into a house through there... hat frkeaed my mom into closing he lid when ever we go out! i fnid it funny to be honest. :crazy:

Hope they're gone soon! :good:

put some bung on multiple traps and wait ;)

Our tumble dryer is in the garage and we leave the door open on it, and once the filter had the dust all over it and they stole it and made a nest out of the fluffy stuff under the dryer!

i was in my garage last night and saw a mouse/rat.. and my dryer is in there too. so i guess hes cozy :/ the garage leads right off the hallway so ive stuck a huge sign on the door to keep it closed!!
im not scared of thm, but you should have seen my sons face when i asked him to get the hoover out for me and told him to shut the door quick incase it got out :lol:

we have them stairs witch go into the garage.

if i see a rat i end up either chasing it. Or killing it.

Thing is i dont actully like burying them :crazy: its freaky -_-

we had mice in our stable store, living under the hay and straw, so we had to take out all of the bales, and kill them with a spade. but then, they nested behind the guinea pig hutch, so me and my brother used to beat them to death with the metal goat tethers. and we got a couple with traps. but now we have rats under one of our kennels. they live under the kennel that is empty, as i'm sure they don't want to be munched on by the rotties lol. so my dad said that he will poke canes under, and i'll shoot them as they run out. muhahaha. killing them is the only way. :good:

cheers

hehehehe. lol

I forgot about this thread... well, its been a few months and no sign of them... do they hibernate? :crazy:

hmm, apparently they do not hibernate, but slow down in winter, so you probably won't see as much of them in winter. hopefully though, they have gone. i used to like mice until they passed diseases onto my guinea pigs, but i used to catch them and play with them, but then they all ran away :( so they can't be that hard to get rid of, unless they have a constant supply of food

cheers :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back