Motoro Stingray Journal

ive just kept the barb in a plastic tub for now. im not sure what im going to do with them but it seems a shame to just throw them away...... :blush: :blush:

both rays are still doing fine and eating very well on pretty much everything now so things seem great at the minute :good:

ive just kept the barb in a plastic tub for now. im not sure what im going to do with them but it seems a shame to just throw them away...... :blush: :blush:

both rays are still doing fine and eating very well on pretty much everything now so things seem great at the minute :good:

Great news mate. :)

a couple of updated pics. sorry about the reflection but they were in a good photogenic mood this afternoon :lol: the male is the bgiiger ray :good:
IMAG0353.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

IMAG0356.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

awesomeness much...
you like.......? :hey:

i really cant believe how easy these rays have been to keep so far. except for getting them eating a variety of foods it has been no harder than any other fish ive kep :hyper:

i hope ive not just jinxed myself now though :unsure:

ive found another stinger in the tank this morning, i guess this is a good sign of growth. as the male 'Winston' was swimming up and down the glass i managed to measure him at almost 8.5 inches accross which shows how much he has grown since ive had him :hyper:

'Flo' the female is still a bit smaller at about 7 inches but again the growth so far has been good :good:

Im jealous Id love that set up, as im lazy remind me how big the tank is again save me reading through :lol:

Im jealous Id love that set up, as im lazy remind me how big the tank is again save me reading through :lol:

the tanks 5x2x2 which is fine for now but as soon as they get to adult size they are going to need a bigger tank :hyper:

lazy bum :*

ha ha what kind of time do you think you'll get out of the tank with these rays?

Those gars finally came a couple of weeks back they are tiny, I ordered one which was meant to be 7 inch and instead he delievered two at about 5 inch each but very skinny so theyre in a grow out tank. I couldnt be bothered complaining as it took so long to sort out wish Id driven down and bought yours now

ha ha what kind of time do you think you'll get out of the tank with these rays?

Those gars finally came a couple of weeks back they are tiny, I ordered one which was meant to be 7 inch and instead he delievered two at about 5 inch each but very skinny so theyre in a grow out tank. I couldnt be bothered complaining as it took so long to sort out wish Id driven down and bought yours now
i hope ill be able to keep them for quite a while yet. ive had them since the end of december and they have gone from about 4-5 inch to 7-8.5 inches with the male being the larger of the 2.

i have heard breeders keeping a pair in a 6x2x2 and getting good results but im unsure i would want 2 2ft rays in a 2ft wide tank it just seems a bit unfair. ill keep them in there as long as i can and until they look like they need more room. thats the plan anyway... im not sure where i would put a bigger 3ft deep tank so if they did get too big i may have to let them go eventually. we will have to see.

glad you got your gars in the end but dont you just hate it when people say that fish are a certain size and they arent :angry: i honestly get wound up by this as you can travel some distance for a fish and if its not what you were told on arrival you have wasted time and money to get there :angry: mine got very chunky very fast though simon feeding them on prawns, doromin and hikari cichlid gold. i hope you have the same with yours :good: mine ended up being split up. 1 is now in derbyshire and chris (walkers) has the other in with his oscars.

well I have these on there own bar a L114 plec and ive not put lights on for two long each day and loads of giant vallis in there, ive been putting food in and hoping they take them but no signs of aeating so far. When I did have the bigger gar that jumped he eat floating cichlid pekkets and was great just need these to do the same.

a few updated pics of the rays. the very blurred one is to show the size of the male compared to my almost 2 year old daughter :crazy:
IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0405.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back