Moths and Caterpillars

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
One question, do you ever have a problem where the wasp eat the caterpillars from the inside?

Just wondering, I have experienced this kind of problem for many times now, even thoughI kept them in a box.

One question, do you ever have a problem where the wasp eat the caterpillars from the inside?

Just wondering, I have experienced this kind of problem for many times now, even thoughI kept them in a box.
Never had that issue actually. I'm somehow very lucky with the animals I keep.

If you like creepy crawlies, you would love my place. It is crawling with things and I didn't bring any in, they just keep coming in here by themselves and it does my head in. I got ants, millipedes, roach's, beetles, spiders, moths, crickets, grasshoppers, a mouse, lizards, and a bunch of other things I try to step on but usually miss.
Get yourself some felines, friend.
20170817_160836.jpg

Amazing!
What an interesting interest to have.

Those critters are remarkable in their creepy-crawly and metamorphosed (?) states.
I loved caterpillars when I was little.

Amazing!
What an interesting interest to have.

Those critters are remarkable in their creepy-crawly and metamorphosed (?) states.
I loved caterpillars when I was little.
Yes!! I love seeing them turn themselves into their little pupae! Especially the moths that weave silk around themselves. They fascinate me.

Do you have any video of that? I have never seen they do it before, they are going to do it every time I'm not there :/

Do you have any video of that? I have never seen they do it before, they are going to do it every time I'm not there :/
Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to yet... The antherina suraka and death's heads take a few days to go from pre-pupal to completely hidden in their pupae, so I'd need to make a timelapse... Maybe if I can get the tech to do it, I'll make one for the summer.
Here's a video of an Atlas Edwardsii/Edward's Atlas moth. At around 7:00 it begins to pupate.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back