Most unexpected birth ever! Baby glowlight danios! NEED HELP!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Congratulations :fish:I have also kept my tetra fry in the tank and had 14 grow to adulthood but I also used a fry net with some success. The key is to have plenty of hiding spots. I used hornwort and anacharis to float in my tank for them to hide in. My tetra fry seemed to really like hiding in it. Here is a picture of two of them waiting for me to feed them. They are together near the top edge
Their little faces!

I would love this to happen in my tank - as long as there weren't too many.

My only previous experience of aquatic obstetrics has been swordtails and platies. I remember how thrilled I was when i first noticed a tiny bit of thread (with eyes) peeping out of the weed. And then the next day there were a couple more - and in a week the tank was awash with them and I was thinking "HELP!" :lol:

I donā€™t have a spare tank otherwise I would! I may leave the fish instead of putting in box in fear of stress. Theyā€™re so quick danios Iā€™ve seen the guppies unable to catch them when moving towards them so hopefully should be fine
Glowlights are lovely - they're among my favourites.

I wish mine did, I would not have had to re-home them(feeder guppies) to my RES turtle tank, My fancy guppies tank has several new fry in it. They mostly have a nice orange color and I watched as small fry swim right past the adults without them going after the fry. There are not as many fry showing up so It may be awhile before I cull the herd. I am thinking of adding some molly, platy or swordtails to the tank and that may take care of any future over population.
Trust me - mollies, platies and swordtails will ADD to the overpopulation.

All livebearers, all very prolific (unless you stick to males, obviously)

Glowlights are lovely - they're among my favourites.
Theyā€™re so underrated- Iā€™m shocked they gave birth as well- and from last count Iā€™ve got 18 little fry, if even 12 make it to adulthood Iā€™m going to have to give a couple away to friends etc! I was told by this forum to increase numbers by at least 4 so now I can do that easily!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back