Most Expensive Hobby’s Besides Fish Keeping?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Static only. No pics worth showing, I'm not that great, although I do enjoy it. I do 1/72 scale WWII planes. The A-10 is a great looking plane and one of the non-WWII planes I'd consider doing. I'm thinking of going back to 1/48 scale because nowadays the selection for that scale is better. It's amazing how advanced the kits/tools have become over the past two decades. I'm glad you got back into it. It's an enjoyable hobby.
I love the WWII planes, too. When I decided to do a model for my shop, it was either an A-10, an F-4U, or a razorback P-47.

Wooden stick Cessna from Guillows kit
4BFE6AEE-E560-4D5E-BBAC-B6FD17E1FAB0.jpeg
BCF84C80-2071-4FC0-B614-C12F4794022D.jpeg

I am a rock and fossil hound. I don’t buy fossils or rocks, I go find them and that’s what cost so much money. My favorite fossil a huge blob of dinosaur **** and a lovely fossilized fish skeleton. I’ve hunted in every state in the us, China, the Middle East, and New Zealand. I also have large pieces of fossilized coral. Here in Arkansas, I’ve mined for crystals, amethysts, and quartz. The last few years, I take my grandchildren And watch their excitement finding cool rocks. I also sew and garden but not so much a hobby but how I was raised.

You may win the coveted "no-prize". :)

I've skydived (skydove?). I haven't scuba dived because my instructor yelled at me when I accidentally dropped my regulator in the water and it gave me temporary anxiety. I did snorkel with reef sharks in the Bahamas, though. That was cool.
Well if each time you go skydiving on different parts of the world though I doint quite know how that will benefits yeahh thats much way expensive ... say 5 countries in a month..

I've skydived (skydove?). I haven't scuba dived because my instructor yelled at me when I accidentally dropped my regulator in the water and it gave me temporary anxiety. I did snorkel with reef sharks in the Bahamas, though. That was cool.
So, I just noticed this: Grouchy scuba instructors make me feel anxious. Guess I'll go snorkel with reef sharks instead. And maybe take up skydiving.

You sound like my kind of person. ha ha :)

Aviation, not talking about planes.. even drones are so expensive if you go deep in to the hobby. Some drones can go up to $4000.

Aviation, not talking about planes.. even drones are so expensive if you go deep in to the hobby. Some drones can go up to $4000.
Since you are talking about drones ... after that 4K ... the drone fell or crash ... or even lost ... Now thats what I call throw away money..

The other hobby that came to mind is the rocket builders. Now these guys spend hundreds of hours building a model rocket. Only to fire it up into the sky to measure its altitude. Then they spend hundreds of hours building a model to blast in the atmosphere to measure its altitude. You see where I am going with this, I hope. ;)

I collect records, but because I have absolutely no impulse control I have only bought expensive and rare ones, so I've spent like $15,000. 😭

Otherwise I garden/bonsai/keep tropicals& succulents, keep reptiles, have a fascination with Ancient Rome, and most recently discovered Funko Pops which are little vinyl figures from various forms of media.

My cheap and money saving hobbies are streamkeeping and hiking. For streamkeeping I just go around removing invasive species, reporting noxious invasives, illegal dumping, and creek conditions, and do a little guerilla gardening by slipping a few native plant species in after removing non-natives.

I collect records, but because I have absolutely no impulse control I have only bought expensive and rare ones, so I've spent like $15,000. 😭

Otherwise I garden/bonsai/keep tropicals& succulents, keep reptiles, have a fascination with Ancient Rome, and most recently discovered Funko Pops which are little vinyl figures from various forms of media.

My cheap and money saving hobbies are streamkeeping and hiking. For streamkeeping I just go around removing invasive species, reporting noxious invasives, illegal dumping, and creek conditions, and do a little guerilla gardening by slipping a few native plant species in after removing non-natives.
Streamkeeping nice .... I bet to to to a lot of places

I am a rock and fossil hound. I don’t buy fossils or rocks, I go find them and that’s what cost so much money. My favorite fossil a huge blob of dinosaur **** and a lovely fossilized fish skeleton. I’ve hunted in every state in the us, China, the Middle East, and New Zealand. I also have large pieces of fossilized coral. Here in Arkansas, I’ve mined for crystals, amethysts, and quartz. The last few years, I take my grandchildren And watch their excitement finding cool rocks. I also sew and garden but not so much a hobby but how I was raised.
I found a large coprolite in the backyard. Suspect it’s canine. 😛😛😛

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back