Most Expensive Hobby’s Besides Fish Keeping?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ok I have a lot of pets, but realize that we are on a farm, ok. It changes things 😂

I am taking my dog, my cat, my fish tanks, and all my rabbits with me when I move out though (I plan to live at home for college to save money). I will likely leave my parakeet with my younger sisters’ parakeets so he isn’t lonely. One of the dogs is old, 2 of the cats are old, and 3 of the dogs are farm guardians. The rabbits are my business

Ok I have a lot of pets, but realize that we are on a farm, ok. It changes things 😂

I am taking my dog, my cat, my fish tanks, and all my rabbits with me when I move out though (I plan to live at home for college to save money). I will likely leave my parakeet with my younger sisters’ parakeets so he isn’t lonely. One of the dogs is old, 2 of the cats are old, and 3 of the dogs are farm guardians. The rabbits are my business
Cool, your lucky to have so many pets.

Umm uh haha. You sure you wanna know?😂

2 horses
9 dogs
3 cats
7 parakeets
9 rabbits (with a litter of babies due in the next few days)
My 2 fish tanks
Koi pond
are you looking for a career in veterinary medicine?

are you looking for a career in veterinary medicine?
Not really, though I’ve considered it before. My youngest sister hopes to be a vet someday. The schooling is so long, which is the biggest thing for me. If I’m going to spend 1/8th of my life on school, I would rather do something that makes more of a difference in the lives of all the individuals I meet, like being a midwife or something. I would love to do wildlife photography, marine biology, or something I can do from home like being an author.

I go camping a lot. I don't know if you would consider that a hobby. The equipment is expensive especially if you get a camping trailer and atv's like we did. I also like singing but that's not expensive

Umm uh haha. You sure you wanna know?😂

2 horses
9 dogs
3 cats
7 parakeets
9 rabbits (with a litter of babies due in the next few days)
My 2 fish tanks
Koi pond
Daaaaang man has some responsibilities...

i lisen to music from the 1700s and the 1800s. Only problem is i cant go to concerts with them because they all dies 100 years ago.
So, classical music? I wouldnt say im a "fan" but there are a few classical songs I do like. Ive also been taking a musical appreciation class its all about music from the 1600's all the way to the 1910's... Its a pretty cool class...

My mom would be jealous... She grew up on a farm and would literally die for a farm. I love the idea to but its expensive.

Daaaaang man has some responsibilities...
The rabbits, 1 of the parakeets, 1 of the dogs, all 3 cats, my fish tanks, and the koi pond are my job to take care of. I help with the horses too, but my mom mostly manages them.
My mom would be jealous... She grew up on a farm and would literally die for a farm. I love the idea to but its expensive.
My mom grew up with horses because her older sister had 2 Arabians. It had been my mom's hope for like decades to have horse, and now we finally do! We used to have ducks too, but in the winter we had to sell them. Monte and Winnie were my favorites :-(

The rabbits, 1 of the parakeets, 1 of the dogs, all 3 cats, my fish tanks, and the koi pond are my job to take care of. I help with the horses too, but my mom mostly manages them.

My mom grew up with horses because her older sister had 2 Arabians. It had been my mom's hope for like decades to have horse, and now we finally do! We used to have ducks too, but in the winter we had to sell them. Monte and Winnie were my favorites :-(
OH I have an Arabian to! Its in a video game LOL

I think modifying cars as a hobby is a little more expensive than the hobby of fish keeping. I'm currently in the process of modifying a BMW Z4 to race prep specs.
Another person who loves motor's, my hubby is into Rover75's and in a club...nice one :good:

@OliveFish05 s-seven Parakeets?!?!?!?!? I can barely handle Kiwi and Avi!

Hamster keeping and bird-keeping are pretty expensive, but that's not really a hobby...
Art is not cheap. I run out of paints and canvases a lot XD

@OliveFish05 s-seven Parakeets?!?!?!?!? I can barely handle Kiwi and Avi!

Hamster keeping and bird-keeping are pretty expensive, but that's not really a hobby...
Art is not cheap. I run out of paints and canvases a lot XD
Yes, seven parakeets. We have them bonded in groups of two, except Wink. If you want I can post pictures. 😂 Sunny, Suzette, Sky, and Dove share a cage, Juniper and BIV (like Blue Indigo Violet) share a cage, and Wink is on his own.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back